What you will do
The HR Generalist will manage the human resources function within the plant environment to include: employee/labor relations, payroll, and training, coaching/counseling of hourly and salaried employees. We are looking for a candidate that will offer experience within the following job duties:
How you will do it
- Manage plant safety, discipline and applicable labor contracts consistently throughout the plant facility.
- Administer labor contract and policies and procedures consistently throughout the plant
- Ensure compliance with federal and state law.
- Maintain plant payroll for hourly employees and enter entries into a human resources system.
- Oversees plant trending reports, turnover, FMLA, worker's compensation, etc.
- Responsible for all employee relations, communications, and company activities.
- Recruit, interview, and hire key talent for open positions. Conduct orientation for all new employees.
- Conduct investigations with front-line supervisors and managers to determine disciplinary action.
- Oversee attendance control program and ensure proper documentation and disciplinary actions are given.
- Administer benefits programs, including open enrollment, for all employees.
- Assist HR Manager to develop, train, and administer all safety programs.
- Monitor all work place injuries and workers compensation claims and reporting. Communicate with occupational clinic on treatment of injured employees..
- Maintain and administer the Service Award Program.
- Manage all unemployment claims.
- Prepare various monthly headcount and labor reports
What we look for
- Bachelor's Degree (B. S.) in Business Management or Human Resources or related field from an accredited four-year College or University OR related experience of 5+ years.
- Strong Payroll & HRIS system experience preferred.
- Experience in developing, training, and administering policies and procedures including safety programs required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required.
- English/Spanish Required.
Who we are
At Johnson Controls, we're shaping the future to create a world that's safe, comfortable and sustainable. Our global team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent and vehicles more efficient. We are passionate about improving the way the world lives, works and plays. The future requires bold ideas, an entrepreneurial mind-set and collaboration across boundaries. You need a career focused on tomorrow. Tomorrow needs you.