Visa operates the world's largest retail electronic payments network and is one of the most recognized global financial services brands. Visa facilitates global commerce through the transfer of value and information among financial institutions, merchants, consumers, businesses, and government entities.
We offer a range of branded payment product platforms, which our financial institution clients use to develop and offer credit, debit, prepaid and cash access programs to cardholders. Visa's card platforms provide consumers, businesses, merchants, and government entities with a secure, convenient, and reliable way to pay and be paid in more than 200 countries and territories. Organization Summary:
The Corporate IT (CIT) organization is responsible for all facets of architecture, software development and production support of key internal systems supporting areas such as Finance, Revenue, Treasury, Human Resources, Legal, Risk, Compliance, Contact Center and End User. Within this organization, the Human Resources Information Technology (HRIT) team supports full life-cycle delivery and ongoing support of strategic technology initiatives primarily for the Human Resources business units, and the global employee community. Job Description
Located in the Austin-based Shared Service Center, the HR Systems Associate Systems Analyst will report to the HRIT Systems Director and works within the HRIT team as an individual contributor collaborating closely with HR business partners and Visa employees to understand business requirements/goals, and contribute to identifying opportunities for process improvement and efficiencies. This role will interact with multiple technology teams such as End User Technology, Identity & Access Management, Information Security, Network, and Operations, as well as third-party vendors. The portfolio includes SaaS and hosted packaged applications such as Workday HCM & Time Off, Cornerstone, ADP, SmartRecruiters, ServiceNow, and other externally hosted and internally hosted HR applications and the Associate Systems Analyst will participate in solution selection, and project delivery.
This position is ideal for a candidate with 1-2 years of combined experience in technical product development/implementation, and systems analysis in techno-functional teams. Additionally a new college graduate with intern experience in corporate technology and high apptitude for learning would be a fit. Experience working with packaged software for corporate operations (i.e. Human Capital Management (HCM), payroll, time tracking, benefits, compensation, learning systems, etc...) is a plus. He/she must demonstrate a strong competency for proactively contributing in a team environment to sustain a culture that fosters accountability, quality, commitment, growth and innovation. Additionally, this position provides 8x5 application administration and end-user technical support services. The ideal candidate will be able to work independently on given assignments, learn new technologies, and manage his/her personal development plan in partnership with management. Responsibilities:
- Assist with project deliverables including, but not limited to requirements elaboration, functional design, application configuration and documentation, and support plans
- Perform unit and quality assurance testing, contribute to test case preparation and test results documentation
- Partner with lead analysts to explore, evaluate, recommend, and design new features and functionalities with Workday and/or other HR applications
- Provide operational and project support to lead analysts
- Develop and enhance working knowledge through training, independent research and experimentation
- Analyze system and data failures to identify and contribute to operational excellence and control needs
- Participate in security activities for HR systems by partnering with vendors and Information Security
- Conduct root cause analysis of problems and apply business knowledge and practical experience to recommend system and product enhancements
- Participate in the architecture and integration of HR tools including design, testing, implementation
- Ensure all assignments meet company key control guidelines, and support compliance reviews and audits
- Perform analysis of data to meet the needs of customers (HR Business Partners, Business or Functional Leaders, HR Executive team, external parties) to aid in decision-making
- Develop, manage, and maintain positive relationships with vendors and consultants to address support and project activities
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline
- 1-2 years progressively responsible experience in application implementation, administration, development and support
- Experience with SaaS and externally hosted HR solution management such as Workday HCM, ADP, SmartRecruiters, ServiceNow, Cornerstone strongly preferred
- Experience working in a multinational environment strongly preferred
- Experience working in a corporate technology environment with staff in multiple locations, including onshore/offshore
- Experience in eliciting and elaborating business requirements, exposure to drafting system design specifications and/or exposure to developing technical solutions
- Strong follow-through, ability to drive to closure and resolution of complex system issues
- Excellent problem identification, analysis and solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to absorb, analyze, and understand new information, technologies and practices quickly
- Exposure to technologies such as SQL, JEE, C++, XML, XSLT, SOA, ESB, SOAP, REST Web Services and Web technologies strongly preferred
- Advanced knowledge of MS Visio; proficient with MS Excel and PowerPoint
- Basic understanding of Agile project management, SDLC, ITIL, risk management, quality engineering
- Exceptional communication and customer facing skills, able to interact effectively with diverse groups of global stakeholders, both technical and business users
- Active listener, customer focused, relationship builder, team player
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
As a global company at the forefront of the electronic payments industry, Visa is a dynamic organization.