Are you a dynamic, HR leader looking for an opportunity to make a positive impact on associates, business partners and ultimately the Home Depot Customer? In this role, you are responsible for leading talent acquisition, talent management, associate relations, development, and associate engagement in the Distribution Center in support of company values and business objectives. You will drive The Home Depot values and HR programs to ensure we remain an employer of choice for our associates.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Ensure HR initiatives/processes are executed timely and with high quality within the DC. Provide HR guidance to the DCManagement group.
- Facilitate all staffing responsiblities of the DC, in partnership with DC Management team, in light of the requirement of Home Depot being a Government Contractor. Includes recruiting, reporting and management of system requirements.
- Protect and maintain Home Depot's direct employer/associate relationship in the DC. Proactively communicate Home Depot's direct employer/associate relationship philosphy through education, communication and understanding of related issues and law and by addressing all issues towards the purpose of providing an Issue Free/direct employer/associate relationship.
- Assure excellent associate relations practices in the DC by insuring associate problems/issues are resolved quickly, using consistent communication methods, fair treatment and respect for all people and consistent application of Home Depot's policies and programs and SOP's.
- Protect and facilitate Home Depot's Open Door policy.
- Understand and insure Home Depot's application and protection of all current employment laws (EEO, Wage & Hour, Labor, ADA, FMLA ). Follow any investigations through to appropriate completion. Keep accurate and complete documentation on all issues.
- Determine needs and assist in the development, implementation and delivery of knowledge management and learning programs with the purpose of career enhancement and development for all hourly associates in the DC. Assist the RHRM in managing and monitoring the process of leadership development, succession planning and the HR Review process.
- Work with RHRM and peer HRM's on project management and support Supply Chain efforts.
- Understand Home Depot's business and how HR efforts support accomplishing business goals.
NATURE AND SCOPE
This position reports to the Regional HR Manager.
This position has no direct reports.
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Conditions could produce mild discomfort on occasion.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a high school diplomas and/or GED.
YEARS OF RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE:
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
If no degree at least 3 years of progressive HR Generalist Experience required.
B.S. degree in Business, HR Management, Psychology preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND COMPETENCIES:
- Excellent follow-up skills and the ability to handle multiple projects.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and leadership skills coupled with distinct organizational skills
- Current and up-to-date knowledge of all laws relating to HR Management. Maintain a high level of knowledge of HD SOP's,
- HD Benefit Policies, etc.
- Strong relationship building and partnering skills. Excellent skills in associate relations and the ability to be flexible.
- Strong skills in investigating, ADR, learning, performance management and team building
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
A little about us:
We recognize that military members are adept, motivated and hardworking. That’s why we made a commitment in 2012 to hire 55,000 veterans in 5 years!