Location: Toledo, Ohio - United States Human Resources Intern
Location: Toledo, OH - US or multiple plant sites throughout the USHuman Resources Intern
At Owens Corning, interns are treated like full-time employees-you will take on a great deal of responsibility and do impactful work all while engaging in a dynamic learning experience. Interns work side by side with Owens Corning employees as team members, and they are surrounded by an environment of support and continuous learning. As an intern at Owens Corning you make a difference to our business and your career! Our HR interns are the primary source of candidates for Owens Corning's HR Development Program, a three-year rotational development program.
A Human Resources Intern can be in either a generalist or specialist role, and he or she could be located at any of our US manufacturing locations or our World Headquarters in Toledo, Ohio. We work hard to match interns' interests with work environments and job expectations. Work experiences could include:
- Developing reward or recognition programs or making compensation recommendations
- Learning location specific labor agreement terms and guiding employees and managers
- Participating on cross-functional project teams
- Project work related to new initiatives, including financial impacts/benefits and recommendations
- Daily support of our employees in key HR related areas (e.g., Benefits, Medical Leaves, etc.)
- Sourcing, Screening and interviewing candidates
- Creating or updating job descriptions
- Benchmarking best HR practices
- Benefit or compensation related administration and compliance efforts
Additionally, if you are located at our World Headquarters in Toledo, OH for your internship, you will also participate in a community service project and companywide cross-functional project during the summer months. You will have the opportunity to connect with other students who are also starting out their careers in multiple fields. Selection Criteria:
- Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to resolve conflict
- Problem solving and negotiating skills
- Desire to work in a team environment and collaborate on work output
- Communication skills - oral and written
- Financial acumen with demonstrated intellectual and analytical capabilities
- Relocation flexibility for rotations in assignments
- Results oriented and ability to make decisions
- Adaptability and ability to continually grow and develop
Completing Sophomore or Junior year toward a Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Organizational Development, Labor Relations or Business Administration with a 3.2 overall or greater GPA desired. We will also consider students currently enrolled in Masters Degree programs with a concentration in Human Resources, Organizational Development or Business Administration, and an overall GPA of 3.2 or greater. Internship Benefits:
Human Resources at Owens Corning:
- Exposure to world class HR practices, training and leadership development practices
- Real work experience with challenging and meaningful assignments
- Networking opportunities and significant exposure to senior leadership
- Formal and informal personal and professional development activities
- Career exploration
- Project-specific training
- Accountability for work
- Competitive compensation
- Community involvement
- "Lunch with the Leader" forums
- Project presentations to senior leadership
- Social events to create a larger group of peers and relationships
The Human Resources organization functions as a strategic partner with Owens Corning's business units. Together, they pursue the mutual objectives of ensuring a diverse workplace that attracts and retains the best talent, achieves business goals, and advances the principles of our core values. Our HR Generalists, partner directly with the business and our HR Specialists are organized in centers of excellence to support the business. The HR organization at Owens Corning has been publicly recognized by many business and professional publications, including SHRM, ERE, & Linked In. Owens Corning is recognized as one of Aon Hewitt's top companies for leaders as a direct result of our talent practices.About Owens Corning
Owens Corning (NYSE: OC) develops, manufactures and markets insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composites. Global in scope and human in scale, the company's market-leading businesses use their deep expertise in materials, manufacturing and building science to develop products and systems that save energy and improve comfort in commercial and residential buildings. Through its glass reinforcements business, the company makes thousands of products lighter, stronger and more durable. Ultimately, Owens Corning people and products make the world a better place. Based in Toledo, Ohio, Owens Corning posted 2015 sales of $5.4 billion and employs about 16,000 people in 25 countries. It has been a Fortune 500® company for 62 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com .
A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we'll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis.
Owens Corning is an equal opportunity employer.