Corporate Human Resources
GE Global Operations is GE's shared services organization. We deliver processes in every business and every region around the world. In Finance, Supply Chain, Tax, Commercial Operations, HR Operations, EHS, Enterprise Data and IT, we are simplifying the way we work to create better outcomes at lower cost for GE and our customers. We foster rewarding career opportunities that expand horizons, enhance skills, and maximize potential.
We strive to be the world's best shared services operation, enabling GE's strategy be delivering for our customers, businesses, investors and employees.
Find out more athttp://www.ge.com/careers/global-operations/cincinnatiGE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Human Resources Intern- Spring 2017
Administration and Support
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
GE's Global Operations Center is undergoing significant growth and seeking an ambitious HR Intern to support growth and change activities.
* Participate in GE wide and Center activities driving Human Resources (HR) initiatives such as engagement, recruitment and staffing, and integration
* Support special recruitment initiatives and process improvement efforts
* Produce reports on key HR metrics and lead onsite orientation and facilitate assimilation of new employees working with line managers
* Develop PowerPoint presentations, charts, reports, and other types of correspondence and communication materials
* Must be currently pursuing a Masters or MBA degree program, majoring in HR, Business, Psychology, Personnel/Industrial Relations or related field of study
* Overall GPA greater than or equal to 3.0
* GPA in major greater than or equal to 3.0
* Must be available to work for at least 10-12 consecutive weeks starting January 23rd, 2017
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
* Strong analytical, project management, and problem solving skills with proven ability to organize and analyze data
* Result-oriented, with demonstrated experience of balancing multiple tasks and priorities
* Strong communication and relationship building skills
* Teamwork-oriented, dedicated to support the team
* Ability to work within a collaborative and ambiguous environment
* Great sense of humor
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.