Eaton’s Vehicle Group has an opening for a Human Resources Manager. This position can be located in Galesburg, MI or Southfield, MI.
Primary responsibilities include:
Develops, implements and administers human resource policies, strategies and services which will maintain a positive employee relations climate that is in concert with and compatible with the corporate objectives for both the Commercial Vehicle & Aftermarket and Light Vehicle & Engine Sales organizations.
Basic Qualifications (Including Educational Requirements)
- Facilitates the design and implementation of impactful change initiatives that ensure the best possible solution for all major constituents, including employees, customers, shareholders, etc.
- Participates in driving the Eaton Business System philosophy to ensure standard, high quality processes.
- Counsel and influence leadership regarding policies, practices, laws and regulations to ensure all human resource policies and programs are in compliance with local and governmental regulatory requirements.
- Develops and deploys effective training process to meet the current and future needs of the strategic plans of the organization.
- Establishes diversity initiatives and maintains governmental compliance through EEO practices.
- Utilizes available rewards and recognition channels to encourage and promote Eaton leadership behaviors and results.
- Manages all re-structuring of the organization and plays a lead role in the staffing thereof.
- Implements, promotes and maintains a safe work environment by implementing a zero incident culture.
- Promotes the company’s mission and vision by actively supporting Eaton’s ethics and values as well as quality.
- Motivates and coaches employees and managers to maintain high levels of engagement, manager effectiveness, productivity, and quality.
- Directs the administration of the Sales Incentive program for eligible employees, consistent with corporate guidelines, and recommends program modifications where appropriate.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution required
- Minimum 5 years of HR experience
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Functional knowledge of governmental regulations that impact employee relations
- In-depth knowledge of Eaton’s policies and procedures
- Effective problem-resolution skills
- Ability to drive change
- Well-developed influencing skills
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, written communication skills
- Strong facilitation / coaching skills
- Results driven
- Process oriented
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Labor Relations, Organizational Development, Psychology, or Business Administration from an accredited institution required
- Master’s degree
- PHR or SPHR certification
- Experience supporting remote employees
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com. At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers. Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
A little about us:
Eaton is a global technology leader in power management solutions. We make power operate more efficiently, effectively, safely & sustainably.