Human Resources Manager
Manager - Human Resources (Manufacturing)
CUMMINS is a place big enough where we coach and develop a global workforce and create the world's leading clean, engine technology. We're also small enough for you to find your fit and personal passion with a team of dependable, innovative thinkers who are developing their careers within a diverse, inclusive, empowering environment.
Our Corporate Business Unit delivers reliable, durable, high performing products to our global partners. Working in an innovative space, you'll develop high tech solutions that will fuel your advanced career skill set and empower you to own your career. Our integrated businesses demand the talents and creativity of individuals with a wide range of skills and experience.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Manager - Human Resources at our flagship Rocky Mount Engine Plant (RMEP) located in Whitakers, NC.
CUMMINS Rocky Mount Engine Plant (RMEP) is where you can work and have immediate positive impact as you develop and build your relationship with your business partners in these key areas:
• Partners with business and human resources functional leadership in the planning and implementation of human resources initiatives and policies for the organization.
• Communicates and consults on all areas of human resources including compensation, benefits, staffing, organizational development, employee relations, and performance management in alignment with common human resources strategies and processes.
• Partners with managers and employees to investigate and resolve issues and concerns.
• Establishes strategies with business leaders to select and retain the diverse talent required to maintain a competitive advantage and to align with recruiting strategies.
• Collaborates with business leadership to translate current and future business goals and develops initiatives and tactics to meet business objectives in alignment with overall human resources strategies and processes.
• Resolves conflicts and provides coaching and counseling on human resources matters for functional or organizational leadership.
• Provides employee development expertise, support systems and processes focused on continuous learning and knowledge sharing.
• Implements and supports work systems and an environment that allows employees to achieve high performance.
• Ensures compliance with key government legislative requirements and adherence to human resources policies and procedures.
• Ensures accuracy and completeness of workforce information in human resources information systems.
• Measures and analyzes key performance indicators to deliver functional and business performance improvements related to human resource investments.
• Coaches and mentors direct reports; assigns work according to availability, skills, and developmental needs; assesses performance and provides feedback to direct reports.
Skills and Experience Required:
8-10 years of significant, relevant and increasingly responsible work experience required. (Manufacturing preferred)
Positive Employee Relations - Applies knowledge of key factors necessary to build and maintain positive employee relations and implements practices that materialize these factors. Experienced consulting on strategies and processes to ensure positive employee relations. Key area of focus will be Right Environment initiatives.
Diversity Management - Has a thorough understanding of the spectrum of diversity as it practiced in the organization. Has experience in implementing and administering policies related to diversity.
Employment Law - Consults at all levels of the organization on issues and decisions that require extensive knowledge of employment laws.
Communication - Significant experience in written and verbal communication and should be capable of communicating effectively to all levels within and outside the company.
Compensation Administration - Possesses a good understanding of pay structures and systems and how to apply that knowledge when making pay decisions. Understands the impact of pay decisions on internal equity and external competitiveness.
Labor Law - Possesses a good understanding of laws and practices affecting the relationship between labor and management.
Organizational Development - Possesses knowledge of common Organizational Development theories and tools. Utilizes approaches to increase organizational performance, such as Leadership Competencies increases with broadened scope and responsibilities. benchmarking, scorecards, quality management, and team-based work systems.
Performance Management - Has a good understanding of organizational values and goals, translates them into performance standards and applies and leads others through this process.
Staffing - Has a solid understanding of existing selection tools and effectively demonstrates the use of these tools in the staffing process.
Benefits Administration - Has a good understanding of benefits programs including the design, cost structure, and experience answering employee questions.
Conducting An Investigation - Possesses in depth knowledge of business ethics policies and practices, and utilizes that knowledge to determine the appropriate course of action. Recommends appropriate resolutions and follow up actions as a result of investigations, taking into consideration the organizational environment. Has experience training, coaching, developing and influencing others as it pertains to the investigation process.
Human Resources Data Management - Understands Human Resources information requirements. Able to perform data quality reviews and take corrective actions to ensure data completeness and accuracy. Has a full understanding of information confidentiality requirements.
This position will support the following business partners: Health, Safety and Environmental; Functional / Operational Excellence; Finance; Community Relations and Communication; Information Technology; CMES; PE / VPI (RMEP Tech Center); COT and Leadership.
Required Education, Licenses or Certifications
• College, university, or equivalent degree in Human Resources, Business, or related field required.
• SHRM and / or HRCI Certification preferred
Compensation and Benefits
• Base salary commensurate with experience plus annual variable compensation plan.
• Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a complement of personal and professional benefits
• Position eligible for relocation package
Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Ready to think beyond your desk? Apply for this opportunity to start your career with Cummins today. careers.cummins.com
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: http://connect.find.ly/cummins