Provides Human Resources leadership to assigned management team and employees for three separate manufacturing facilities. Ensures that Human Resources objectives are aligned with business strategic goals through effective employee relations, compensation, staffing, training, organizational development, safety and change management strategies. Fosters employee involvement at all levels.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with all federal, state, and local agencies as they relate to the Human Resource function
- Responsible for pro-active employee relations, communication support, and internal management consultation as they related to the Human Resource function
- Effectively support and foster the company’s Open Door Policy
- Responsible for administering policies, procedures, regulations and contracts as they relate to the Human Resource function
- Develop and facilitate programs related to the health, economic, social and safety well-being of company employees
- Along with respective Management Team, develop and facilitate strategic short and long term goals for assigned locations as they related to the employment function (i.e. recruiting, screening, coordination of staffing plans, promotions, training, succession planning, and positive counseling) and profitability.
- Effectively and proactively manage the requirements and functions related to the Affirmative Action Plan for assigned locations
- Effectively manage local workers compensation and training programs in accordance with company and legal guidelines
- Responsible for effectively maintaining all personnel records
- Respond to unemployment and other governmental/financial inquiries regarding employment information in accordance to company guidelines
- Facilitate communication and function of employee benefit programs, including open enrollment
- Promote and work as a team member with all departments of RR Donnelley to build continual improvements