This role is part of the People Operations team and serves as a business liaison between firmwide Human Resources and the Audit business unit. This role manages multiple projects including creating and overseeing processes that have been identified as key people priorities in order to meet business unit goals. This position is responsible for managing the people management programs and projects within the firm for the Audit business unit. Key projects focus on the continued growth, development, and engagement of our people.
- Collaborate with People Operations Leader and firm-wide people services in order to ensure efficient and effective execution and management of the following people operations programs and processes:
- Manage day to day employee situations in partnership with the People Operations Leader and firmwide Human Resource Services including terminations, performance improvement plans, flexible work arrangements, leaves of absence, etc.
- Conduct exit interviews
- Identify trends in exit interview data that speak to issues facing the practice and bring forward for discussion and potential actions
- Provide regular people operations updates on business unit statistics and people relations matters and processes to the People Operations Leader
- Manage the execution of the business unit annual people processes including career management, promotion, and salary and bonus decisions
- Involvement with rewards and recognition programs
- Partner with People Operations Leader on leadership development programming and succession planning
- Manage the annual people engagement survey reporting process and action planning for the business unit
- Support the execution of key firm wide initiatives relative to diversity and inclusion
- Oversee business unit rotation program and secondment program
- Manage or perform other tasks and special projects as required by the People Operations Leader
- Demonstrated ability to appropriately manage confidential and sensitive matters
- Project / program / process management
- Ability to work independently and as an effective team member
- Strong organizational, planning, and time management skills
- Strong analytical skills, judgment, and ability to think logically
- Ability to manipulate and analyze data
- Ability to manage and complete multiple competing priorities
- Ability to build and develop relationships at the executive level
- Ability to represent both the firm and business unit agendas simultaneously
- Strong excel skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Focused on producing desired results in the most efficient and effective manner possible
- Ability to think broadly and develop organizational awareness quickly
- Flexible, agile, and ability to manage within ambiguity as necessary
- Ability to travel up to 10% annually to attend various firm / business unit / training meetings
- Bachelor’s degree in Business/Human Resources or related field
- 5 – 7 years of related job experience in Human Resources with a minimum of 2 years in a management position
Additional Skills Desired:
- Active GPHR, SPHR, or PHR certification
- Human Resources experience in Professional Services and/or Public Accounting
Visit Crowecareers.com and find out what it's like to work with people who love what they do!
EOE Company Overview
Crowe Horwath LLP (www.crowehorwath.com) is one of the largest public accounting and consulting firms in the United States. Under its core purpose of “Building Value with Values®,” Crowe uses its deep industry expertise to provide audit services to public and private entities while also helping clients reach their goals with tax, advisory, risk and performance services. With a total of more than 3,000 personnel, Crowe and its subsidiaries have offices coast to coast. The firm is recognized by many organizations as one of the country's best places to work. Crowe serves clients worldwide as an independent member of Crowe Horwath International, one of the largest global accounting networks in the world, consisting of more than 150 independent accounting and advisory services firms in more than 100 countries around the world.
At Crowe, we strongly endorse an open door policy. Our Partners are approachable and accessible across the entire organization. Our team-based culture encourages Partners to be in touch with our professionals and active on client projects. The Partners of our company lead by example and maintain a strong two-way channel of communication with their teams. We strive to create an environment that is relaxed, fun, dynamic and fulfilling. Our team-based culture has not only resulted in successful projects, but in long lasting friendships as well. Overall, our people find their career choices to be highly rewarding and fulfilling.
A little about us:
Crowe Horwath LLP is a public accounting, consulting and technology firm dedicated to connecting specialized knowledge with innovative technology to bring value to our clients.