Cummins is a place big enough to coach and develop a global workforce and create the world's leading clean, engine technology. We're also small enough for you to find your fit and personal passion with a team of dependable, innovative thinkers who are developing their careers within a diverse, inclusive, empowering environment.
Learn more about this role and how you can begin Working Right .
Our Cummins Corporate Business Unit delivers reliable, durable, high performing products to our global partners. Working in an innovative space, you'll develop high tech solutions that will fuel your advanced career skill set and empower you to own your career. Our integrated businesses demand the talents and creativity of individuals with a wide range of skills and experience.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Human Resources Operational Excellence Manager This role will be based in Columbus, IN. Key Responsibilities:
- Use data analytics to translate business challenges in solutions to solve complex HR issues.
- Develop recommendation based on business intelligence/ analytical framework and methodologies to improve HR organizational effectiveness.
- Apply specific knowledge of the business and data analytics to identify trends and areas of improvement and present insights and recommendation to HR and business leaders.
- Manage the execution of Human Resources processes and initiatives by leading the communications, consolidation, metrics, reporting and analysis of Human Resources information required by business unit and operating segment management.
- Ensure the delivery of Human Resources processes are in alignment with Corporate Human Resources strategies and policies and in compliance with internal controls and applicable legislation.
- Lead the implementation of key performance indicators to identify process performance improvements; designs and develops quality improvement efforts within the business unit or sub-function.
- Partner with leadership to ensure processes are in alignment with organizational goals.
Leads the reporting of Human Resources information including the consolidation of business unit or reporting segment information to Corporate Human Resources and other stakeholders; ensures compliance with all reporting timelines and standards.
- Manage the implementation of functional excellence initiatives defined by the Global Human Resources Functional Excellence organization.
- Ensure Human Resources systems and processes within the business unit or operating segment are in alignment with Corporate policies and standards and enable Human Resources to achieve performance excellence.
- Coache and mentors human resources operations excellence specialists and senior specialists; assigns work according to availability, skills, and developmental needs; assesses performance and provides feedback to direct reports.
- Minimum five years of experience in a Line HR role supporting an IT or analytics function in a matrix organization.
- Significant experience in a driving improvement and operational excellence using data analytics/ business intelligence.
- Industrial manufacturing experience preferred.
- Exposure to data-driven approach to managing people in a working environment a plus.
- Human Resources Data Management - Acts on people data to ensure completeness, accuracy and compliance with company policy and legislative requirements.
- Data Analytics - Interprets information relying on knowledge of business or functional frameworks, and leverages analytical problem-solving tools to draw conclusions and communicate meaningful patterns that drive business insights; assesses quality of data as an initial step of the analysis.
- Human Resources Business Process Execution - Manages the execution of Human Resources business processes, seeking efficiency, accuracy, positive business performance outcomes and operational agility; integrates activities across processes as needed; assures compliance with process and legal requirements; effectively balances process requirements and business leader needs.
- Ensures accountability - Holding self and others accountable to meet commitments.
- Manages ambiguity - Operating effectively, even when things are not certain or the way forward is not clear.
- Communicates effectively - Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Manages complexity - Making sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Decision quality - Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
- Directs work - Providing direction, delegating, and removing obstacles to get work done.
- Financial acumen - Interpreting and applying understanding of key financial indicators to make better business decisions.
- Demonstrates self-awareness - Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Balances stakeholders - Anticipating and balancing the needs of multiple stakeholders.
- Optimizes work processes - Knowing the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement.
College, university, or equivalent degree in Human Resources, Business, or related field or equivalent experience required. Masters or MBA preferred. PHR certification a plus. Compensation and Benefits
Base annual salary commensurate with experience plus annual variable compensation. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits. Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Ready to think beyond your desk? Apply for this opportunity to start your career with Cummins today. careers.cummins.com
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: http://connect.find.ly/cummins.
No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs.