Penske is seeking a Human Resources Representative who will be responsible for performing professional human resources work with emphasis in the areas of performance and development, training, associate relations, associate engagement, administration, compliance, and staffing. The successful candidate will work closely with operations management in a proactive approach to ensure the right associates are in the right jobs and are fully engaged, with strong talent benches to ensure sustained business success. This position will be based in Reading, PA and support operations for the Mid-Atlantic Area. MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES:
Provide Human Resources support to Field Operations in the following areas of concentration:
Qualifications: JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Onboarding - Responsible for managing the Ambassador program, a new Associate welcome program that provides new hires with information and a confident start with Penske.
- Learning and Development - Lead trainings as needed and support the Company's organizational development strategy by coaching and advising managers on performance management, the career development process and succession planning.
- Diversity and Inclusion - Ensure that managers foster an inclusive work environment. Promote diversity awareness training.
- Talent Acquisition - Support staffing efforts by collaborating with managers and Area recruiters. Participate in local recruiting events, monitor background check process.
- Compliance - Responsible for compliance of HR related matters in the Area, (e.g. I-9s, AAP good faith efforts, required training completion, goal planning and performance review completion, answer questions re: HR Systems and processes, (e.g. payroll, benefits, leave of absence).
- Associate Relations - Advise associates and management on interpretation of human resources policies, programs, and procedures. Investigates associate complaints and works with Area Human Resources Manager to resolve.
- Other Projects - As assigned by the Manager
- Bachelors Degree required; degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration or closely related field strongly preferred.
- 1-3 years of HR generalist experience, or equivalent business experience preferred.
- Willingness to travel as needed to various locations as required or as directed by Area leadership.
- Experience in a unionized environment is a plus.
- Detail oriented with strong organization and documentation skills.
- Experience using Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required.
- Familiarity with HRIS systems (Oracle and Taleo preferred).
- Ability to interpret Employment Law (Federal and State) and general HR policies.
- Ability to collect, compile, and analyze information and data.
- Ability to communicate effectively throughout the organization both in person and through written correspondence and presentations.
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific locations required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
- The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group, General Electric Capital Corporation and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates more than 216,000 vehicles and serves customers from more than 1,000 locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit http://www.GoPenske.com to learn more.
A little about us:
Penske Truck Leasing and Penske Logistics proudly recruits and hires veterans nationwide. We’re annually listed on the Victory Media Top 100 Military-Friendly Employer list (they publish G.I. Jobs and Military Spouse magazines). Last year, 13 percent of new hires were veterans. The company is actively hiring truck drivers, truck maintenance and logistics operations personnel. We are a leading global transportation services provider, offering full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions.