Human Resources Representative
Supporting the Southeast Operations Team, this position will oversee talent management activities including: sourcing, recruiting and interviewing, and new hire orientation; talent development; performance management; associate relations; benefits communications and compensation review. Will work closely with management in a proactive approach to ensure the right associates are in the right jobs and are fully engaged, with strong benches to ensure sustained business success. The position requires someone with strong communications/influencing skills who is self-driven, embraces change, and has a comfort level working in a matrix reporting relationship.
There are also a variety of administrative tasks that need to be performed to administer training, prepare prospective applicants for hire and ensure all HR systems are properly updated.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES :
Staffing: Analyzes recruiting and turnover trends. Actively sources to "build the bench" with candidates for future openings.
Associate Training and Development: Maintains oversight of high performers and ensures development plans for those associates are in place. Leverages training tools such as SkillSoft and educates managers regarding training availability. Conducts on-site training as necessary. Ensures all associates have access to appropriate job-related training. Conducts training needs assessments.
Performance Management: Actively engages management team in performance management process from a training and coaching standpoint, and ensures follow-up on performance improvement plans.
Associate Relations: Advises associates and management on the interpretation of personnel policies, programs, and procedures. Investigates associate complaints and works with manager/Legal to respond and resolve, elevating serious or complex issues to HR Business Partner and/or Corporate Security. Ensures that all associates are aware of the Ombuds program, the Problem Solving Process, and HR access.
Compensation and Benefits: Responsible for communicating benefits to all managers and associates on a regular basis, and for encouraging participation in Company's 401k plans.
Diversity: Ensures management team fosters an inclusive work environment, and has taken Diversity Awareness Training. Ensure managers' understanding of equal opportunity in the workplace.
-Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or related field or equivalent relevant work experience
-3 years Human Resources experience required
-Strong knowledge of HR functions: associate development, associate relations, labor relations, staffing, compensation, benefits, and training
-General knowledge of employment law
-Ability to work well independently and complete tasks with minimal supervision; strong sense of urgency
-Demonstrated track record of honesty and integrity
-Detail oriented with strong organizational and documentation skills
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The associate must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the associate is regularly required to stand; walk; sit and talk or hear. The associate is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer