With a nationwide sales team and several manufacturing locations, B. Braun Medical has become a leading full-line supplier of healthcare products and services in the U.S. The company is committed to delivering innovative products and services with unmatched quality, superior technology, and cost-effectiveness, while maintaining environmental responsibility. Through its "Sharing Expertise®" initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services. B. Braun employs over 4,500 people in the USA. B. Braun Medical Inc. began its operations in the USA in 1957. Initially, the company manufactured and sold disposable plastic syringes. During the 1980s and early 1990s, the company undertook several expansions and enlarged its product line of disposable medical devices. With the acquisition of McGaw, Inc. in 1997, including Central Admixture Pharmacy Services, Inc. (CAPS®), B. Braun dramatically broadened its product lines and services to U.S. customers.
U.S. Facilities and Operations:
Supporting product sales are a network of nationwide marketing and manufacturing locations. Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, is home to the U.S. Corporate Headquarters along with the marketing offices of the Hospital, Outpatient Markets (OPM), Renal Therapies, Vascular Interventional, International, and OEM Divisions. Central Admixture Pharmacy Services, Inc.(CAPS®) is also managed from this location. The nearby Allentown, Pennsylvania, facility manufactures Needle-free products, IV Safety Catheters, Anesthesia Systems, Introducers, Pharmacy Admixture products. Vascular products including Right Heart Catheters and Interventional Accessories are also manufactured in Allentown. The Irvine, California facility produces IV Solutions, Basic and Specialty Nutrition, Drug Delivery, and BTC products. Infusion Pump Systems are manufactured in Carrollton, Texas and IV administration and IV and Irrigation sets are produced in the Dominican Republic. Responsibilities Position Summary:
Perform Human Resources Generalist activities that support Human Resource's and site Operation's objectives, performance drivers and strategic initiatives (client group of approximately 400). Responsibilities: Essential Duties
Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
- Conduct multiple employee relations investigations and activities and provide counsel to leaders to ensure appropriate outcomes and a balance in representing all parties' interest.
- Apply HR knowledge and expertise to assess client needs in such areas as employment, performance management, compensation, career development, management development, engagement and competency development.
- Work with management to develop and implement solutions in order to achieve strategic business initiatives and deliver results.
- Influence and support cultural changes across the organization.
- Collaborate with business groups to assess, create and implement innovative alternatives for a variety of employee engagement initiatives within the client group.
- Consult with the business on organizational design, workforce planning, succession planning, and skills assessment.
- Review and analyze business data to identify trends and recommend solutions to improve performance, retention, and employee experience.
- Assess business unit's employee development needs and conduct 1:1 and/or group training sessions as appropriate.
- Implement/administer/interpret corporate policies/programs/procedures/practices.
- Partner with managers to retain, develop and motivate people to achieve their fullest potential.
- Partner with internal and external legal team as well as HR specialist groups to resolve issues and employee inquiries.
- Generate reports/data for functional area leaders to provide visibility to their employee data and resources costs that impact their business performance (i.e. overtime, meal penalties, etc.).
- Complete HRIS system updates for leave of absence program administration, new hires, promotions, transfers and employment separations.
- Address employee relations matters to investigate complaints and provide coaching and guidance to employees at all levels related to Company policies, employee issues or concerns.
- Support leaders through the application of the employee performance management and progressive discipline processes to ensure compliance to company policies, as well as Federal, State, and local regulations.
- Support the external recruiting process, as well as the internal bidding process for exempt and nonexempt positions and support all aspects of on-boarding new employees.
- Reviews Human Resources policies, practices and forms to ensure they are current with applicable Federal, State, and local regulations and ensures leaders have a clear understanding of their application.
- Supports the administration of performance reviews to ensure timeliness and compliance with salary administration guidelines.
- Lead special projects related to department and site goals and objectives, employee appreciation and wellness events, rewards and recognition programs.
- Provide assistance to employees related to benefits, payroll and timekeeping questions.
Qualifications Expertise: Qualifications - Experience/Training/Education/Etc Required:
- Strong in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), 2-3 years of Human Resources Systems use i.e. Vantage, ICIMS, PeopleSoft, Kronos, etc.
- Knowledge of Federal, State, and local regulations governing employment.
- Professional, engaging and facilitative communication skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely orally and in writing with a diverse group of employees.
- Knowledge of company policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of cGMPs, SOPs, policies and procedures
- Knowledge of effective staffing techniques.
- Ability to resolve interpersonal conflicts.
- Ability to prepare comprehensive reports.
- Ability to uphold strict confidentiality when required.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, fluid environment.
- Under supervision, the ability to perform work that is varied and may be somewhat difficult in nature.
- Minimum 3-5 years Human Resources Generalist experience specifically related to the application of Human Resources policies and practices and employment laws and regulations
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at www.bbraunusa.com Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities /Women/ Veterans/Disabled
Through its "Sharing Expertise®" initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services. Other Responsibilities: Other Duties:
- Other duties as assigned.
The preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this position. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work Environment:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. #LI-EC1
One of the world's leading healthcare suppliers.