Shire is the leading global biotechnology company focused on serving people with rare diseases and other highly specialized conditions. We have best-in-class products available in more than 100 countries across core therapeutic areas including Hematology, Immunology, Neuroscience, Lysosomal Storage Disorders, Gastrointestinal / Internal Medicine / Endocrine and Hereditary Angioedema; a growing franchise in Oncology; and an emerging, innovative pipeline in Ophthalmics.
Our employees come to work every day with a shared mission: to develop and deliver breakthrough therapies for the hundreds of millions of people in the world affected by rare diseases and other high-need conditions, and who lack effective therapies to live their lives to the fullest.
This position reports to Day (1st) shift. This shift schedule is Monday to Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Due to business need, on select occasion employees may be required to work overtime and/or support operations on an alternate shift.
The HR Representative is responsible for generating accurate and timely data and providing analytical support for a variety of site/Company initiatives and projects. Will support HR Director and HR Business Partners by performing a variety of HR generalist duties including, but not limited to: employee separations, workforce planning, special events and activities, employee communications, HR systems, and other initiatives.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
• Coordinate the headcount approval/mgmt. processes for the Los Angeles/Van Nuys facilities against the budget
• Work with leadership to maintain accurate site organization charts in accordance to budget/forecast.
• Create and maintain the system for HR/Workforce Analytics reporting. Develop/present meaningful metrics, dashboard, and scorecards as needed.
• Support HR initiatives by providing required data and analytic support. Analyze data trends and identify and recommend actions to improve process and efficiency.
• Develop and run ad hoc reports; run and audit weekly and monthly reports, provide consultation and data analysis support to the HR team or site leaders as needed.
• Support Finance with monthly headcount report and/or labor cost reports as needed.
• Provide coordination and administration for HR communication mechanisms, including HR Mailbox
• Analyze existing processes and identify and initiate department process improvements or changes, or provide support to those initiatives as needed.
• Coordinate and manage the separation process, including scheduling and conducting exit interviews with employees and transfers, processing final payroll, and corresponding data management.
• Plan, coordinate and facilitate employee events and activities. Represent HR on Employee Activities Committee
• Respond to and interpret questions from employees and managers on HR policies, programs or initiatives.
• Insure data integrity by accurately processing workflow changes in HRIS, audits of data, earnings uploads and data correction workflows.
• Conduct training or presentations as needed, including New Employee Orientation to support department.
• Function as owner of HR Systems, including SharePoint and data integrity
• Maintain the job description update process.
• May perform other HR generalist/administrative duties as assigned.
• Strong analytical and mathematical skills to collect and interpret data to solve problems and the ability to apply these skills to project work.
• Strong oral and written communication skills with all levels of personnel, and ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
• Superior organization and time-management skills.
• Ability to work independently as well as with a team.
• Proven ability to develop successful, credible relationships with management and employees.
• Understanding of HR operating environment, including policies and procedures
• Demonstrated ability to exercise independent discretion and judgement.
• Must be customer focused and be responsive to customer needs.
• Must be able to build strong relationships through a good understanding of environment and business.
Education and/or Experience:
• Bachelor's Degree is required. Business or Human Resources major is preferred.
• 3-5 years of relevant human resource professional experience, preferably in a large corporate or manufacturing environment.
• Demonstrated ability to collect data, analyze and provide insights from variety of data sources.
• Highly proficient with MS office tools (MS Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
• Strong HRIS experience, preferably with Workday
• Prior experience managing internal communication processes, facilitating meetings, conducting training and coordinating employee events.
• Proficiency in SharePoint desired
• PHR Certification or other HR professional training/certification is preferred.
• In general, the position requires a combination of sedentary work and walking in office
• Will work over 4 hours on the computer using keyboard and mouse. Will need to self-monitor each hour to stand/walk away for a few minutes to stretch and relax to avoid constrained posture when sitting at computer; will need to set up office space to avoid awkward joint posture
• May need to carry laptop (up to 10 lbs.) to meetings as needed
• May need to lift up to 25 lbs. to waist 1x/month to set up HR event
• Inside working conditions
• May be required to work or be assigned to different shifts as needed
Shire's Brave culture offers employees with diverse backgrounds the opportunity to enable those with life altering conditions to lead better lives.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Shire is an equal opportunity employer. Shire evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law - Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Shire is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please call 484-595-8400 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
A little about us:
At Shire, we help people with rare diseases and specialized conditions live their lives to the fullest.