The Human Resources Business Partner serves as an internal business partner, delivering comprehensive human resources programs, initiatives and solutions to the functional areas of the organization in support of key business strategies. The HRBP will be a key member of the HR leadership team and is responsible for providing strategic and tactical human resources support for their assigned field operations locations. This position is located at the Avis Budget Detroit Airport Location near Romulus, MI and has responsibility for – Michigan, Ohio and Louisville, KT airport locations supporting approximately 900 associates.
The HRBP provides overall Human Resources support to union, non-union, management and staff in the specified departments and field locations. This position ensures Human Resources compliance from both a legal and company policy perspective. Essential duties and responsibilities, shown below, will vary accordingly based on assignment.
Essential duties and responsibilities shown below will vary accordingly based on assignment:
- Partner with the HR Director to execute human resources strategies and action plans.
- Partner with management teams to ensure positive employee relations and employee engagement
- Works as business Provides continuous support and interpretation to management and staff on HR policies, employee relations issues and affirmative action and diversity goals to ensure compliance.
- Business partner with the City/District Managers and field Operations Managers
- Develops human resources solutions and make recommendations through carefully collecting, reviewing, and analyzing data and facts.
- Ensures forecasting and fulfillment of staffing needs via interview selection, new hire orientation and retention
- Advise and coach operations and location managers on various HR-related policies and practices, including worker's compensation, FMLA, and EEO. In addition help ensure locations adhere to and appropriately manage Union Collective Bargaining Agreements.
- Drive employee retention efforts for assigned locations.
- Acts as a change facilitator to ensure senior management recognizes, addresses, implements, and follows through on action items developed against the opportunities identified by employee survey processes.
- Partners with specialized HR areas including talent acquisition, compensation, benefits, training and total rewards, etc. to ensure specific needs of the locations are met.
- Facilitates leadership development and key talent retention efforts e.g., performance management, coaching/counseling/corrective actions, employee recognition and rewards, talent review, etc.
- 5+ years HR leadership experience in a Generalist capacity with experience in union environments and managed multi-site locations
- PHR or SPHR preferred
- Labor Relations experience a plus
- Bachelor's Degree required
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Broad knowledge of Human Resources disciplines, which include: Staffing, Employee Relations, Engagement and Retention, Total Rewards, Labor Relations, Compensation, Benefits, Training/Management Development, policies and procedures
- Demonstrate leadership skills and the proven ability to lead, motivate and organize teams.
- Working knowledge of Human Resource terminology, practices and their application required.
- Strong HRIS and analytical skills, MS Office.
- Ability to effectively interface with all levels of management and staff.
- Detail oriented with strong communication skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- Proven ability to effectively interface with all levels of management.
- High attention to detail while handling multiple tasks is a must.
- Experienced working in a fast paced environment with the ability to multi-task
This position reports to the Human Resources Manager for the North Central Region, located in Chicago, IL. Regular travel required approximately 30 -50%.
We offer a competitive salary, company car (including gas and insurance) and excellent benefits including dental, medical, tuition reimbursement, 401K and more.
Avis Budget Group is an EEO Employer - Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Disabled
The information listed above is intended to describe the general nature and level of this position. Essential functions and responsibilities may change as business needs require. Your response to this advertisement may result in your consideration for employment with an affiliated company of Avis Budget Group, the publicly traded parent company of Avis Budget Car Rental, LLC and its subsidiaries. Offers of employment will be made by Avis Budget Car Rental, LLC or any of its employing companies or brands, including Avis, Budget, Budget Truck or AB Car Rental Services. Candidates must meet all basic qualifications and submit a complete application to be considered for this position. This posting serves as an advertisement of an existing open position only and does not qualify as the job description.