Overview: Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter .
Description: Aramark Healthcare
Aramark Healthcare is a leader in providing food, facility, clinical technology and senior living services to nearly 1300 healthcare organizations throughout North America. Our presence is felt throughout the entire healthcare continuum, from patients, visitors and residents, to nurses and physicians. That's why we believe our people are truly our greatest asset. And it's why we're committed to creating an internal culture where the best people want to work - with a dedication to diversity, exceptional career development, competitive benefits and compensation, and generous community initiatives that make a difference.
Aramark Healthcare is seeking candidates for a Human Resources Specialist - Generalist at Robert Wood Johnson Hospital in Hamilton, NJ. The position will support the Food and EVS Departments including a union hourly staff. The position will function as a generalist managing recruitment & retention, awards & recognition, employment relations, performance management, new employee orientation, FMLA/STD, EEOC, workers' compensation, personnel file management, payroll, investigations, etc. Employee Relations
- Provide guidance to employees and managers on policy-related items.
- Oversee FMLA and STD process and tracking. Serve as the contact person for STD vendor. Also provide consultation to managers and employees on ADA leaves.
- Maintain Human Capital Management system hierarchy and organization charts for functions and line of business.
- Ad-hoc and routine reporting for HR team and business managers.
- Liaison with HCMS team in the maintenance of employee data and ensuring data integrity.
Administration and Project Support
- Assist clients groups in hiring, terminating, and transferring employees via Applicant Tracking and Human Capital Management tools.
- Administer New Hire Employee process to include on-boarding and compliance with new hire paperwork requirements.
- Ensure employee forms/policies are up to date and copies of forms/policies are accessible.
- Follow up with new hires and managers regarding outstanding I-9 documentation, tax credit confirmation code, ensuring legal/client compliance with regards to new hire on-boarding.
- Prepare change of assignment letters for internal candidates that are being transferred and/or promoted into a new position.
- Assist with exit process for employees
- Payroll administrator for small workforce in charlotte office, and any escalated payment issues for line of business.
- Manages relocation program benefits under direction of HR Director.
- Manages annual compensation planning process with HR leadership.
- Support HR Director with administrative duties such as budget management, candidate travel expensing, phone coverage, and other related duties.
- Support HR Director with HR projects and reporting as needed.
Qualifications: Minimum Education Required:
This position requires a bachelor's degree. Minimum Experience Required
Minimum Skills/Aptitudes Required
- 1 to 3 years of HR generalist experience preferrably in a salaried, exempt role.
- Working knowledge/ understanding of basic employment law including FMLA regulations, Workers Compensations, Wage and Hour regulations is desired.
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills. Pays attention to detail.
- Proficient in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Visio.
- Ability to work independently or with minimal direction, takes initiative, exercise good judgment and multitask.
- Requires a high degree of tact, discretion and comfort in interfacing with Aramark employees and clients, including executive level management.
- This position is a great opportunity for exposure, growth and development.
- Experience working with a collective bargaining preferred.
A little about us:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.