A Super Opportunity Awaits You!
Airgas, an Air Liquide company, the nation's leading single-source supplier of gases, welding and safety products is seeking a Human Resources Specialist in Houston, TX. Known locally and nationwide, our distribution network serves more than one million customers of all sizes with a broad offering of top-quality products and unmatched expertise.
The Human Resources Specialist manages functions for the Airgas Merchant Gases (AMG) Group including leaves of absence management, turnover reporting, trend analysis, charts and graphs. Will also provide support to the HRVP as needed preparing reports, special projects, etc. May assist with conducting new employee surveys, exit interviews, tuition and training reimbursement, compensation analysis and other responsibilities as outlined below.
• Manages all leave of absence requests, including disability paperwork: medical, personal, disability, FMLA and military. Effectively interpret FMLA and ADA implications as they related to leaves of absences/disabilities. Responsible for all communications with the employee, management, Human Resources, and/or any third party disability vendor during the duration of an employee leave. This includes updating management and HR Director on any changes during leave. Counsel employees regarding leaves of absence including explaining leave policies, coordinate paperwork and tracking.
• Administers the Short-term and Long-term disability communication
• Manages human resource procedures to initiate benefits such as disability insurance, medical and life insurance.
• Create change of status form, obtain HR Director approval and submit to HR Administrator for entry
• Escalates unusual leave situations to HR Director and management, including leave extensions beyond 12 weeks of FMLA or approved time for personal/discretionary leaves and all accommodations requests.
• Sends bi-weekly report on all leaves to HR Directors and HR VP and management.
• Manage the monthly random drug and alcohol testing. This includes sending out notices to managers of employees selected and monitoring progress to achieve the highest completion rate.
• Manage the annual MVR program per DOT requirements.
• Manages the tuition reimbursement program and ensures compliance with corporate and federal guidelines.
• Complete monthly turnover reports for all businesses in the division. This includes running reports, compiling data in accordance with the format and submitting them timely to management.
• Participates in and conducts both exempt and nonexempt salary surveys to ensure corporate compensation objectives are achieved.
• Coordinates with Workers' Compensation coordinator in handling return to work or restricted duty issues.
• Keeps apprised of federal, state, and local compensation laws and regulations in order to ensure Company compliance.
• Conduct 30 and 90 day and exit interviews (may coordinate the use of Survey Monkey for these reviews)
• Provides support for recruiting coordinators when the need arises or during extended absence/vacation days.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
• Minimum 5 years human resources generalist experience and/or HR/staff analyst experience (combined education / experience)
• Bachelor's degree in human resources or a related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Occasionally (work time); Must be willing and able to travel overnight occasionally.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and HRIS system.
• High level proficiency in Excel, and able to think critically to evaluate data and construct into charts & graphs for executive presentations
Communication and/or Critical Thinking Skills:
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations regarding employment laws regarding leaves of absence (FMLA, ADA, etc...)
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to work independently, to handle multiple priorities and to meet deadlines
• Ability to write routine business reports and business correspondence in English.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from Associates
• Ability to deal with all levels of Associates in the organization.
• Outstanding interpersonal skills and maturity evidenced by the ability to be calm while demonstrating strong leadership and project management abilities in a fast-paced environment where the demands can change very quickly are critical.
• High proficiency with numbers and detail orientation.
• Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent's.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
• PHR Certification a plus
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
A little about us:
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.