At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:
3M is seeking a Human Resources Supervisor for the Manufacturing Plant located in Hutchinson MN. Job Summary
The person hired for the position of Human Resources Supervisor will provide support and assistance to employees and management through administration of policies and procedures and coordinating human resources processes such as wage/salary reviews, performance management and employee relations. Participates in and may lead project teams. Works under limited supervision Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
- Follows a variety of generally defined procedures under general guidance within functional disciplines such as benefits, compensation, and staffing, organizational development and employee relations
- Uses human resources theories and practices to provide guidance and/or training to lower level co-workers within the same or job related work group. Provides guidance on human resources policies and practices to plant management
- Handles inquiries and develops solutions on a variety of issues by researching policies, reviewing past practices and analyzing trends. Use analytical skills to review data to provide guidance to clients. Makes recommendations based on 3M's Guiding Principles and Business Code of Conduct
- Decisions or actions are based on more alternatives and greater adaptation to circumstances, having a clear impact on operational effectiveness of work operations, schedules or performance goals
- Establishes credibility and visibility with employees through regular interaction
- Provides HR analytics to clients for review and trend analysis
- Supports corporate initiatives locally, such as, Healthy Living, Community Relations, etc.
- Exercises discretion in matters of confidentiality
- Protects the Corporation and assures 3M values and policies are upheld and complied to, teaches and acts as an example of uncompromising ethics
- Diverse & Inclusive 3M
- 3M is a place where you can collaborate with other curious, creative people. Where your diverse talents, inclusiveness, initiative and leadership are valued. Where you'll find challenging opportunities that make your career exciting and rewarding. With a diversity of people, global locations, technologies and products, 3M is a place to grow and be rewarded for excellence.
- Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited university
- Minimum of two (2) years of human resources experience
- Master's degree in Human Resources Management, Organizational Behavior, Psychology or related field
- Experience in Employee Relations, Compensation, Benefits or other Center of Excellence
- Skills include effective interpersonal, motivational and communication skills
- Event project management proficiency
May include up to 10% domesticRelocation:
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.