Schneider Electric™ creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk .
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
What do you get to do in this position?
Industrial Automation expert with strong knowledge of the HVAC and Refrigeration sector and to be seen as an expert in this field by Schneider Electric customers & internally. This includes engineering of systems used in HVAC & Refrigeration equipment’s. Specific tasks may include consulting with customers to determine system operation requirements, configuring and commissioning machines, programming / configuration of Controllers (PLC or parametric Controllers applications and HMI interfaces, designing electrical control panels, specifying and purchasing of hardware/software as required by project, and performing start-up services, troubleshooting and training for commissioned systems.
Travel up to 25% to customer sites required. Majority of travel is domestic with occasional international opportunities. The role requires presence at customer sites, as such, candidate must be able to obtain necessary clearance and/or credentials to travel abroad and comply with customer requirements for executing work on their site. The types of credentials that might be required, include but are not limited to, passports, Homeland Security clearance, background and credit checks, etc.
This job might be for you if:
• Bachelor of science in electrical engineering, mechanical engineering with emphasis on control systems, software engineering or computer science
HVAC & Refrigeration expertise
• Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) programming (IEC 11.31) and troubleshooting experience
• Good understanding of communication protocols and interfaces such as Modbus, Bacnet , ......
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work effectively in a group setting, team oriented, self-motivated, and results driven
• Willingness to travel
• Master degree
• Demonstrated project management experience
• HMI configuration experience, including graphical screen development
• Experience with industry standard communication protocols such as Modbus, Modbus TCP, BacNet...
• Knowledge of and ability to interpret and apply applicable industry standards, such as NEC, UL, ISO, IEEE, and other requirements as needed
• Knowledgeable in computer programming languages (VB, C#, C , Java script), HTML development.
• Knowledgeable in computer networking architectures, topologies and hardware.
• Experience with integrating devices from multiple vendors into packaged solution. (system integration)
• Programming experience with Schneider / Modicon PLCs, or equivalent
• HMI experience with Magelis.or equivalent
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We're looking for people with a passion for success - on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY .
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
A little about us:
We’re the global specialist in energy management and automation. Our technologies ensure that Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.