Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company - one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you'll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career. PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Maintain appropriate levels of air quality and temperature within all on site structures.. Appropriately maintain all heating, cooling, and thermal process equipment within all site structures. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Qualifications: Education Minimum Requirement:
- Oversee all aspects of Central and Equipment Refrigeration systems on the Elkhorn site.
- Responsible for maintaining refrigerant inventory and tracking.
- Monitor, adjust, update, maintain control systems related to refrigeration systems on site (Metasys, Andover, Johnson Controls, AllenBradley, and others).
- Maintain, develop, and execute preventative maintenance for the following compressor types: screw, reciprocating, scroll.
- Maintain, develop, and execute preventative maintenance of Liquid Nitrogen refrigeration systems.
- Direct contractor performance, scheduling, and safety.
- Schedule all work as appropriate with internal customer groups.
- Perform documentation to accurately reflect the state of systems and equipment.
- Oversee all aspects of the HVAC systems on property.
- Perform full range of heating, ventilation, and air conditioning maintenance and repairs as needed.
- Check various elements of the systems to locate and repair faulty equipment, using knowledge of refrigeration cycles, heat transfer laws, air-flow, pressure-temperature characteristics, steam generation principles, etc.
- Determine the type and specific kind of equipment or parts needed to make repairs.
- Repair or replace parts of the systems such as various types of compressors, chillers, receivers, evaporators, pumps, fans, controls, bearings, valves, diaphragms, thermostats, duct work, etc.
- Install new components to extend the system life.
- Use a variety of common hand tools, power tools and special test equipment common to the heating, ventilation, and air conditioning trade.
- Start, stop and monitor the operation of boilers, chillers, fans, pumps, and other building equipment and systems related to heating, cooling, emergency power supply, and other purposes.
- Respond to after hours emergencies.
- Repair parts of plumbing systems by removing, cleaning, replacing, packing, and sealing defective parts as it pertains to HVAC systems.
- Participate and support the "Safe by Choice" program.
- Maintain Safety and Quality related training status.
High school diploma or equivalent
Completion of HVAC School and HVAC Certification Required Experience and Skills:
Minimum two (2) years experience in large commercial, industrial, or manufacturing building. Knowledge of the principles, theories and operation of air conditioning and refrigeration equipment, heating equipment, steam generation plants, and ventilation systems.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Universal Recovery License (refrigerant)
- Drivers License
- Working knowledge and experience in a maintenance manufacturing environment
- Experience with building management systems
- 3rd Grade Engineers license or relevant experience
- Water Operator's license.
- SHA 30 Hr training cert.
Our employees are the key to our company's success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company's benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement