What you will do
Under general direction, investigates and assists in the pre-sales development process for Johnson Controls' product lines on all projects (including plan and spec and negotiated scope sales) and, as directed by Sales Management, provides technical sales assistance to an opportunity currently in the sales process. How you will do it
What we look for
- Administers the installed systems development process in the Region or Branch. Teaches and reinforces methodology and skills used to collect, analyze and present designs, scopes and cost estimates. Provides input to the sales management organization for opportunity prioritization, qualification and requirements for use of developers on projects. Coordinates pre-bid and pre-book estimate reviews and manages the estimate data through the booking process and release meeting.
- Provides HVAC and other system application support and systems development for owner and installation salespeople. Uses available tools to assemble detailed applications for the customer contract, including the initial sales file in Project File Manager (PFM), engineering designs, materials lists, and subcontractor bids as necessary.
- Reviews application and estimate with salesperson and appropriate operations team to get mutual agreement on application. Develops consensus/buy-in from sales and operations teams before presentation to customer.
- Provides scope definition and systems development direction for outside vendors and suppliers, mechanical and electrical subcontractors including scope, terms and conditions, bid forms, and contract reviews. Maintains relationships with key individuals to ensure preferred pricing where possible. Investigates local efforts with Integrated Supplier Organizations to obtain best available pricing for project estimates.
- Works in concert with the Branch and Regional Installation Team(s) to select, train, and certify subcontractors and to develop standardized subcontract request packages.
- Assist in identifying specification issues or interpretation discrepancies and providing solutions to resolve. Develops control schematics, scope and cost estimate for owner sales system installation projects. Works with salesperson to develop understanding of customer requirements, critical areas and needs. Develops common orientation of job scope and details. Performs site-surveys in existing buildings to inspect overall operation of control systems and unique job considerations for construction.
- Performs detailed engineering or cost impact analysis to quantify cost savings or other customer benefits. Assists in technical or financial benchmarking as needed. Leads in the development of customer baselines.
- Consults with sales and operations team to appropriately assess risk
- Facilitates training for regional personnel on estimating tool sets. Maintains regional or branch estimating database with current MTC and current material pricing. Ensures the adherence to the Systems Development process and use of standard tools and software for sales performing their own estimates.
- Acts as a liaison between Sales and Engineering team to assess the strengths and weaknesses of selected products and product applications on the preferred vendor list to provide consistent and timely feedback to central purchasing.
- Evaluates value-engineering options to the controls and mechanical systems.
Bachelor's degree in Engineer or Engineering Technology, or equivalent work experience in the HVAC industry. Demonstrated computer and analytic skills. Background in Johnson Controls installation operations as HVAC Engineer or Installer preferred. HVAC sales/operations experience estimating desired.
Understand the HVAC Industry currently and its future trends in the following Lines of Business, for concepts and design:
Access control. Knowledge of various manufactures like Johnson Controls P2000, Software House, AMAG, and RS2 Technologies desirable.
Video management systems. Knowledge of various manufactures like Aimetis, Milestone, OnSSI, and Genetec desirable.
CCTV cameras. Experience with the best application of the different types. Knowledge of various manufacturers like Panasonic, Bosch, and Sony desirable.
Intrusion Detection. Knowledge of various manufacturers like Bosch and DMP.
Networking and Video Storage. Ability to design a network as it relates to HVAC sub systems.
Integration of system/technologies including elevator control, visitor management, situational awareness, biometrics, and integrated locksets.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.