HVAC Controls Technician - Pentagon - Federal Division
Company: Johnson Controls
Location: Washington, District of Columbia
Posted: November 23, 2017
Reference ID: 155435
What you will do
Under minimal supervision, conducts preventive maintenance, repair, installation, and commissioning and general servicing of systems (including detailed troubleshooting of systems). Responsible for high levels of customer satisfaction through direct, on site, customer interface. With a high level of complete technical competence, mentors control technicians, service
technician and mechanical technicians on building automation activities. Properly completes required project and service documentation.
Location: Pentagon (military experience not required)
Shift: First Shift, Monday-Friday
Benefits: Eligible for benefits on first day of employment
Vacation: Eligible for 3 weeks of paid vacation per calendar year
How you will do it
1. Diagnoses and repairs complex control systems malfunctions requiring extensive knowledge of a variety of electronic or digital controls systems and ability to test and write modifications in
multiple languages of systems software.
2. Consults with the customer through data gathered and site assessments. Provides field proposals for retrofits, upgrades and or enhancements to existing equipment. Assists sales by providing technical recommendations for sales leads.
3. Manages assigned work to meet professional and efficient execution of time and customer satisfaction. Reports problems or changes to management immediately. Interfaces with branch manager, service manager, service project manager or subcontractors on projects to coordinate activities as required in an ethical and professional manner.
4. Provides sketches of field changes and discrepancies for engineering corrections and drawings. May assist with job layouts and bid proposals.
5. Communicates with customer upon arrival and before leaving the work site. Ensures high levels of customer satisfaction. Meets regularly with customer to become familiar with operating problems. Keeps customer informed on the nature of service provided, outstanding issues and recommends system enhancements, upgrades, and or replacement. Promotes the sale of add-on work.
6. Adheres to all Johnson Controls and customer safety standards. Provides safety leadership and instruction to all controls technicians in the branch. Provides safety awareness while working on site with Johnson Controls subcontractors .
7. Trains the customer in control systems operations. Delivers manuals and documentation to the customer for training needs as required.
8. Provides mentorship for certification of Controls Technicians and Service Technicians on complex building automation systems. Coaches, supports and trains mechanical workforce on
non-complex, non-critical equipment.
9. Compiles job documentation, such as certificate of completion, customer training form, training certificates and punch lists.
10. Conducts extensive self study (reading, research and practice) to improve and maintain technical proficiency in company's product lines. Completes certifications as required by the company.
11. Other duties related to the commissioning and servicing of building controls and facilities
management systems and energy management systems as assigned.
What we look for
1. Five or more years of experience in servicing HVAC Building Automation and Control systems (DDC systems)
2. Ability to coordinate the work of others on multiple job sites.
3. Effective interpersonal skills to represent the company to customers and other outside contacts in an ethical and professional manner.
4. Possesses the ability to explain technical information to technical and non-technical people.
5. The ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret security clearance required. (This involves a background/character, criminal history, employment, and credit check.)
1. Strong knowledge and experience working with Metasys system
2. Demonstrated experience with programming of Building Automation Systems (DDC systems)
3. Experience with integration of systems.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/tomorrowneedsyou .
Division: JCFS (Johnson Controls Federal Systems)