Under general direction, The Business Training Instructor for our Unitary Products, delivers basic and advanced learning interventions related to sales of Unitary Products and implementation and usage of available programs. Serves as a subject matter expert on learning development design related to Unitary Products sales processes. This position can be based in Norman, OK, or Wichita, KS.
This role is highly autonomous and provides an excellent opportunity for an energetic, enthusiastic candidate to positively impact the operations of our customers.
- Develops Unitary Products business training materials that are presented live, online, and via mobile devices.
- Delivers assigned learning sessions, which may include live classroom sessions, web-based learning sessions (synchronous or asynchronous), and on-the-job training. Flexes instruction and facilitation style and approach to fit the needs of the audience, the content, and the technology.
- Facilitates learning of materials, processes, systems that have advanced level content and/or facilitate learning in multiple areas of expertise. This includes creation of written training materials that are distributed across multiple mediums.
- Develops subject matter expertise in new technology, products, or processes and serves as a subject matter expert in the development of learning materials for these new areas using the Learning & Development Process (LDP).
- Arranges for an appropriate learning environment for the presentation of material, which may include room arrangement, audiovisual equipment, technical equipment, web access, handouts, etc.
- Measures results of business training using appropriate methods for determining participant reaction, amount of learning, and ability to demonstrate new skills in the classroom setting.
- Reports results of measurements and evaluations to appropriate Program Leaders, Learning and Development Managers. Develops and presents recommendations for continuous improvements.
- Provides constructive feedback to learners on their understanding of new materials and their performance in the classroom.
- Submits and maintains records, prepares reports and correspondence as required.
- Continuously updates and improves delivery and coaching skills including the use of new technologies for sharing knowledge and building skills.
- Assists Region and Branch personnel with training needs and related questions.
- Assists external customers with their training needs and questions including documentation for remote courses.
- Delivers programs on time and on budget.
- 3-5 years of HVAC business industry knowledge and experience, preferably in an instructional setting.
- Bachelor's degree in an appropriate discipline, such as Business or Education, or equivalent experience with our products.
- 3-5 years of business experience, preferably with Johnson Controls or similar HVAC products, systems, processes and/or services.
- Strong communication and presentation skills. - will need to demonstrate writing ability and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated adult education / training / facilitation experience.
- Ability to work both autonomously as well as be an effective project team member.
A little about us:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries.