Eastside Medical Center - Snellville, GA
Eastside partners know when they come to work, it won't be just another day at the office. Instead, they'll be empowered to make a difference, challenged by the ever-changing nature of healthcare and, of course, feeling rewarded after a day of saving lives.
Our partners have served thousands of patients at Eastside Medical Center - performing over 5,700 surgeries, bringing more than 1,500 babies into the world and handling nearly 62,000 emergency room visits. But our work doesn't stop there. Engrained as valued and connected members of the greater Atlanta community, Eastside's 1,200 employees go beyond hospital walls to keep Gwinnett healthy, provide care to those in need and volunteer their time. Eastside Medical Center
is currently looking for a Full-Time HVAC and Refrigerant Skilled Trade Mechanic.
Shift: Monday - Friday, Day Shift
Rotating Weekends and Call
DEPARTMENT SPECIFIC CRITERIA
- Repair and maintenance of existing HVAC equipment including air handlers, chilling and heating systems, air quality equipment (including energy recovery make-up, exhausted air systems, and laboratory vent hoods)
- Maintenance and repair of high and low-pressure boilers, electric generators, medical gas distribution systems, water, sewerage, and related hospital systems.
- Inspects and evaluates condition of mechanical equipment in existing buildings and recommends corrective action; implements repairs or revisions including design changes both in house or on outside projects; insures installation and repairs are performed in accordance with all federal, state, and local codes.
- Ability to use the Work Order system to track productivity and preventive maintenance compliance.
- Estimates cost for repairs, replacement, and installation of large and small mechanical HVAC equipment for heating, cooling, air moving, pumping, building automation, and plumbing; projects future repairs and department equipment needs for the budget process.
- Maintains preventative maintenance programs for major mechanical equipment on all campuses.
- Provides technical assistance in diagnosis and report of building mechanical systems and Building Automation System.
- Ensures appropriate employee safety training and compliance is completed.
- Responsible for coordinating service, repairs, and preventive maintenance on hospital equipment.
- Procures materials, equipment, and parts for use by the Plant Operations Department.
- Retains records of hospital service contracts, preventive maintenance, service and repair.
- Ability to read and understand English
- Working knowledge Hospital Plumbing, Electrical, Mechanical and HVAC tools, materials, and safe work practices.
- Hospital operations, maintenance, and repair.
- Supervisory principles, practices, and methods.
- Budget preparation, bid and purchasing procedures, and expense control.
- Good computer skills: Requires experience and proficiency with work processing, spreadsheet, and preventative maintenance software.
- Good communication skills