No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs.
Cummins is a team of dependable, innovative thinkers, who are empowered to generate and deliver solutions for customers, community and environment. Our employees develop their careers through the challenges only a diverse, global innovator can promise. This is a collaborative culture where thinking beyond your desk is more than part of the job. It is the job.
This is what we call Working Right.
Customer-driven service organization that provides support with the highest levels of safety, quality, cost, & delivery within the Central Facilities Maintenance geographical location.
Performs installation & maintenance functions to install, service & repair boilers, chillers, refrigeration systems, air conditioning units, cooling towers, heaters, heat exchangers, heat transfer equipment, building ventilation system, air handling unit maintenance, building management system and environmental controls, rotary compressors, reciprocal compressors & centrifugal air compressors, air dryers, after coolers, machine coolers, R/O systems, motors & motor controls on fan dust collectors, pumps, water softeners, pneumatic & electronic instrumentation, total energy systems, and oil reclaimer systems. Supports gas fired wash tank systems, responsible for housekeeping in work areas. Services, supports & maintains facility-related HVAC equipment at facilities within the Central Facilities Maintenance geographical location.
Performs installation such as piping, installing conduit, wiring, controls, welding, brazing, & instrumentation meeting all codes and standards. Reads & interprets mechanical, electrical, & pneumatic sketches, drawings & blueprints. Must also sketch & lay out prints in some cases. May require installation of any or all of the above equipment within contract.
B. SERVICE & REPAIR
Must be prepared to service & repair all of the above equipment or new related equipment, which requires knowledge, schooling, & on-the-job training in the following areas:
1. Air Conditioning, Refrigeration, and Dust Collector Blowers, Building Ventilation: Thorough working knowledge of gas & fluid flow. Theory on pressure, temperature & vacuum. Must also know & understand heat transfer & refrigeration theory and how it ties to the instrumentation complexity of controls, which involves any or more of these mechanical and/ or electronic fields. Must do pipe & tube fitting meeting all plumbing codes & standards. A working knowledge & skill of gas welding & brazing meeting all welding standards.
Knowledge requirements: Skills:
* Gas fluid flow Welding
* Heat transfer Brazing
* Refrigeration Plumbing
* Instrumentation Understands drawings & blueprints
* Electrical controls Troubleshooting complex systems
* Boiler operation Water treatment
* Building Management System Conduit / wiring installation
* Electronic controls NEC codes
* Compress Air System
The knowledge and skill requirements are not limited to the above as new technologies and equipment may require additional skills and training.
2. Equipment such as boilers, total energy systems and heating equipment & fire systems. Must have working knowledge of gas & fluid flow, fundamentals of thermal & pressure instrumentation. Works on low & high-pressure steam & all steam & condensate, gas, oil, & water piping meeting all codes & standards. Must understand & perform chemical treatment necessary to operate this equipment. Must have working knowledge of water softener systems, pumps, motor & motor controls.
3. Air compressors, pumps, water towers. Must have working knowledge of gas & fluid flow fundamentals of thermal & pressure instrumentation & understand reciprocating rotary & centrifugal air compressors & pumps. Performs plumbing, piping, motor repair, & electrical service on this equipment. Must understand proper chemical treatment to operate, clean & maintain the towers & pumps, cooling tower system, process tower system, fans & gearboxes.
4. Chillers, air conditioning, & refrigeration equipment. Must have working knowledge of Type 1, Type 11, & Type 111 chiller systems following thermal guidelines for pressures and refrigerant requirements. Works on high and low pressure systems meeting all codes & standards. Must have basic understanding of refrigeration controls and set points as to application of equipment. Troubleshoot the replacement of compressors, switches, fans, motors, condenser, evaporator coils, tubing, piping, and controls to meet code & standards.
5. Facility computer, data gathering panels & data gathering components. Must have a basic understanding of computer language & logic. Some programming, resetting, computer, troubleshoot sensors, cards, wiring & other components. Follow through on load shedding & other energy savings program. Computerized Maintenance Management System will be used to track, assign, and prioritize, reactive, planned, preventative, predictive work.
6. Miscellaneous equipment. Performs maintenance on water heaters, heats transfer systems (refrigeration & heat exchanger type).
7. Production-related equipment but not limited to the following: Supports engine wash, engine fill systems, oil reclaiming systems, gas fire wash tank systems, maintain & repair air handling units, machine cooling systems & process cooling systems.
1. Works with limited supervision & under time constraints when inspecting, analyzing & resolving installation & maintenance problems of all previously mentioned equipment. Must maintain as nearly as possible ideal conditions from a comfort & health safety standpoint. Maintain housekeeping & safety in team areas & equipment rooms not limited to cleaning and painting of equipment.
2. Assists in apprentice training new personnel assigned to the department & may give instructions in various instrumentation's & overall operational functions.
3. Must be assigned to all equipment to become familiar with operation so that complete service & maintenance can be maintained regardless of the change in theory or application.
4. Exposed to a wide variety of working conditions such as extreme heat when working on operating steam boilers, inside building ventilation systems at ceiling heights in summer. Extreme cold in winter months (roof top units). Clothing & shoes wet from water on roofs & snow.
5. Off the job schooling & training in computers, electronics, mechanics & welding, instrumentation is desirable to maintain job effectiveness.
6. Central Facility Maintenance HVAC Team will support plants within the geographical location, will function in a team environment, supporting service and project work within the scope of their job abilities.
7. Central Facility Maintenance is standardizing as much as possible the work in the geographical location for HVAC support.
Compensation and Benefits:
Benefits: Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-verify:
At Cummins, we are dedicated to diversity in the workplace and our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, age, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or other status protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities
Cummins uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify .
AS Degree with 4 Years total of relevant, equivalent experience
AS Degree with 2 Years total relevant, equivalent experience post AS degree
Trade Certificate/Education less than AS degree with 6 Years total relevant, equivalent experience
Trade Certificate/Education less than AS degree with 4 Years total relevant, equivalent experience post education
8 Years total relevant, equivalent experience
A little about us:
No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs.