Under direct supervision and using established standards, responsible for controls hardware designs and software programming for JCI Metasys HVAC control systems to meet the intent of the project requirements. Provides detailed information and submittals to communicate design and operation to customers, consultants, Johnson Controls field installation team and subcontractors. Responds to basic warranty calls.
1. Selects controls hardware designs from standard design library for flow diagrams, sequence of operations, bill of material, network layouts and electrical schematics as required.
2. Performs software programming using established standards as a basis of design.
3. Coordinates the creation of necessary drawings and equipment schedules for submittals and installation.
4. Selects, orders, and tracks the delivery of materials for assigned projects. Coordinates factory-mounting processes to meet factory and project schedule.
5. Assists in the loading and commissioning of all controls system- and network-level controllers as required. Assists in validation of complete system functionality and troubleshoots problems with subcontractors and other trades to ensure proper operation.
6. Gathers field changes from the project team and creates as-built drawings and software. Prepares proper documentation and/or manuals for system operation.
7. Keeps management and JCI contractor or customer informed of job progress and issues.
8. Assists in performing site-specific training for owner/operator on the total system.
9. Completes administrative tasks including but not limited to time sheets, expense reports, and on-site documentation.
10.Adheres to safety standards. High degree of regard to employee and subcontractor safety.
Minimum of four years of experience with installing and/or commissioning JCI Metasys controls systems including system-level controllers. Six or more years' experience preferred. Demonstrated knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and control systems. Demonstrated technical aptitude. Demonstrated advanced computer skills required, particularly computer-related drafting tools.
A little about us:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries.