As a 2nd shift Test Technician, you will work in a climate controlled HVAC laboratory environment performing testing assignments and making unit modifications as needed. Unlike a typical service technician position, you will not have to endure crawl spaces or attics.
The Test Technician will work on the Engineering Lab team that is part of the
Unitary Products Group (UPG) for Johnson Controls. In this division we design, test, manufacture and assemble heating, ventilation and air conditioning equipment for the light commercial and residential markets. Johnson Controls has two plants for UPG with approximately 1000 employees each; one in Norman, OK and the other in Wichita, KS. This position will report to the Engineering Lab Manager.
Responsibilities / Duties:
• Prepare and install test units in the test facility in order to simulate field installation conditions. This includes but is not limited to evacuation and charging, duct connection, electrical connection, etc.
• Set up test facilities and connect data acquisition instruments according to general instructions and per test standard requirements
• Analyze test data and make modifications and adaptations to the test unit based upon analysis of the data
• Utilize computer software programs as required to run the test facility, conduct testing, collect and analyze test data
• Follow established safety procedures and maintain a clean work area
• Other duties as required
U.S. EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY COMMISSION
Kansas City Area Office
NOTICE TO EMPLOYEES
This Notice is being posted as part of the remedy agreed to pursuant to a conciliation agreement between Johnson Controls, Inc. and the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.
Federal law requires that there be no discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of the in individual's race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 and over), disability, or genetic information with respect to hiring, promotion, firing, compensation, or other terms, conditions or privileges of employment.
Johnson Controls, Inc. supports and will comply with such Federal law in all respects and will not take any action against employees because they have exercised their rights under the law.
Specifically, Johnson Controls, Inc. will not: (1) base employment decisions on the disability or perceived disability of an applicant; (2) make pre-offer of employment medical inquires or examinations; or (3) use the Medical Questionnaire, Tinel's Sign, Phalen's Maneuver, or Finkelstein's tests in the medical examinations of applicants or employees to determine susceptibility to Carpet Tunnel Syndrome prior to any offer rind acceptance of employment. In the future, if any applicants for temporary employment experiences illegal discrimination based on the Company's conduct, such individuals will be made whole for any losses they incurred as a result of such conduct, consistent with legal requirements.
• High school diploma or equivalent combined with vocational technical training in HVAC is preferred
• A minimum of two years HVAC related work/education experience.
• Thorough understanding of the refrigeration cycle, including function, definition and /or purpose of the following: Compressor, condenser, metering device, evaporator, superheat, sub cooling, BTU, etc.
• Demonstrated working knowledge and skills in such areas as reading wiring diagrams, modifying unit wiring and controls, instrumentation, electromechanical troubleshooting, and modification of prototypes
• Ability to braze using Oxy/Acetylene torch
• Ability to analyze data and make decisions based on analysis
• Ability to lift equipment, compressors units, motors, sheet metal parts etc
• High level of self-motivation and integrity
A little about us:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries.