IBM is a Cloud Platform and Cognitive company and is a leader in Cloud technologies both in and outside of the Federal government market. IBM investment in Cloud technology includes the acquisition of 45+ companies including a $2.5B investment in SoftLayer (IaaS) and the internal development of Bluemix (PaaS, bluemix.net). Come join the fastest growing segment of IBM's business, selling breakthrough technology, on a team of entrepreneurial, high-energy, \"wired to win\" salespeople.
IBM is seeking a Hybrid Cloud Software Sales Representative to progress and close business with Federal Government and Federal System Integrator customers by building and managing strategic territory and account plans. The successful candidate will aggressively manage all aspects of a complex sales cycle, both direct and with business partner engagement.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Prospecting aggressively to establish a qualified pipeline of business and maintain an accurate forecast.
- Growing business through new customer acquisitions and add-ons to existing customer base.
- Cloud, DevOps, Mobile, business Process Management, and Hybrid Integration; Software, Cloud Services (IaaS, PaaS and SaaS)
- Possess strong organizational skills and the ability to effectively manage a diverse territory.
- Ability to assess the account landscape and identify key initiatives to drive revenue.
- Ability to prospect and cold call for new business in both established and white space accounts.
- Ability to understand business problems, articulate a corresponding solution based on IBM software, build a value proposition, and establish a compelling reason to act.
- Understanding of competitive technologies and their place in the market.
- Ability to communicate effectively and accurately, both written and verbally.
- Consultative selling skills to engage and demonstrate value to your accounts
- \"Unite to win\" mentality and a sense of urgency.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, & PowerPoint solutions
A little about us:
IBM is the world’s largest information technology company with more than 360,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries.