This Engineering Manager will be assigned to support Praxair’s Hydrogen production facilities in the Sabine Texas Enclave.
The successful candidate will report to the Texas Gulf Coast Technical Manager and work closely with the facility managers to solve technical problems, deliver productivity savings, and sustain safe, reliable, low cost production operations.
The successful candidate will also supervise plant engineers supporting Port Arthur, TX and Sulphur, LA area operations.
The Engineering Manager’s Responsibilities include:
- Process safety stewardship in all aspects; change management, hazard analysis and abnormal situation management, etc.
- Mentor and supporting the development of the enclave Plant Engineers, and operations and maintenance personnel.
- Administer the Praxair Performance Management Process for the development and advancement of the Plant Engineers in the Sabine Enclave.
- Delivery and support of cost saving initiatives to accomplish productivity targets
- Providing technical support to plant operations, and the maintenance and shutdown organizations in the optimization of plant operations
- Active support and participation in driving reliability initiatives through root cause analysis, idea generation and small project execution.
Other Requirements Include:
- Flexibility in work schedule to support operations during startup, shutdown or unplanned events.
- Able to work in confined spaces and at elevated levels.
- Able to travel outside the Sabine Texas Enclave up to 10% of the time.
- Bachelor or Masters degree in mechanical or chemical engineering
- 5 years of related experience with at least 2 years in Hydrogen and/or Carbon Monoxide manufacturing preferred.
A little about us:
A global Fortune 300 company that supplies atmospheric, process and specialty gases, is focused on making our planet more productive.