As a new Hydraulic Sales Development program participant, you will begin in our Hydraulics headquarters located in
Eden Prairie, MN. Eaton Hydraulics provides participants with a structured training and development curriculum; to
create a dynamic and well-rounded sales associate with a balance of technical training, soft skill training, presentations,
field shadows, and internal projects. Participants will receive training on the Eaton Hydraulics portfolio by experienced
instructors, to create a strong technical foundation.
Participants will be involved in several different projects around the office, the departments they will be working with
include but are not limited to operational excellence, sales, pricing, customer service, product management and OEM
During the course of the year, you will have exposure to sales managers, outside sales representatives, product managers
and other important contacts you will need when you are out in the sales field. As participants develop relationships
internally, they will go out on field shadows with several different sales associates to gain an understanding of their
role and job responsibilities after the program. Upon completion of the program participants will not only be able to sell
hydraulic products, but will be able to implement strong account management skills.
At the end of the training period, you will begin your career with Eaton as an outside sales representative in one of the
following functions: Retail After Market Account Manager, Distribution Sales Support, OEM Sales Support, or Area Sales
Outside sales positions, have opportunities throughout the country.
Additional responsibilities during the 1 year program may include:
A. Develop and grow assigned inside sales accounts.
B. Support assigned region and mentor on special projects, pricing, customer communication, and customer
C. MPS and RPS program management including tracking, monitoring and expediting program timelines as necessary to
meet customer requirements
D. Define and manage specific customer cost out programs. Work directly with supply chain management and plant
management to achieve targeted cost out initiatives.
E. Review and approval of customer drawings and notice of revisions and our conformance to same.
F. Facilitate and participate as necessary in customer quality audits, evaluations and inquiries.
G. Actively communicate quality responses to customer for product returns to insure proper charge back and eliminate
H. Coordination of service parts pricing, part obsolescence and product life cycle issues with the pricing group and product
I. Assist with problem expedite orders. Work directly with Customer Service team and plant management to effectively
address problem expedite issues.
J. Promotes customer satisfaction through active and positive communications and actions.
K. Provide customers with technical support.
L. Create internal and external contacts while at Eden Prairie to ensure success out in the field.
M. Exposure to regional operating plans.
N. Become proficient in customer relationship management (CRM) operating system, and sales tracking tools.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical, mechanical, industrial or general engineering; industrial distribution, engineering technology, business or marketing received from an accredited institute before beginning the Sales Development Program
- Required overall Cumulative GPA of 2.8 or greater
- Must have a valid Driver’s license without restrictions
- Must be located within 50 miles of Eden Prairie, MN or be willing to relocate to Eden Prairie for one year
- Must be geographically flexible to relocate upon completion of the 1 year training program
- Legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis without company sponsorship now or in the future
- Preferred overall cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Strong analytical, writing & presentation skills
- Demonstrated leadership ambition
- Relevant internship or co-op experience