At its founding in 1968, Nashville-based HCA was one of the nation's first hospital companies. Today, one of the nation's leading providers of healthcare services, HCA is comprised of locally-managed facilities that include more than 250 hospitals and freestanding surgery centers in 20 states and the United Kingdom, employing approximately 230,000 people. Approximately four to five percent of all inpatient care delivered in the country today is provided by HCA facilities resulting in more than 26M patient encounters each year.
HCA is committed to the care and improvement of human life and strives to deliver high quality, cost effective healthcare in the communities we serve. Building on the foundation provided by our Mission & Values, HCA puts patients first and works to constantly improve the care we provide by implementing measures that support our caregivers, help ensure patient safety and provide the highest possible quality.
• Ranked 63 in Fortune 500
• Computerworld Top 50 Best Places to Work in IT since 2009
• Named one of the "World's Most Ethical Companies" since 2010
• 106 HCA hospitals are on The Joint Commission's list of top performers on key quality measures.
The person in this position is responsible for defining and driving the application architecture for enterprise-class OnBase document imaging and workflow solutions, as well as designing and implementing complex OnBase solutions utilizing WorkFlow, API, and OnBase integrations with other key systems (e.g., Meditech, Epic, Cerner, HPF, Infor/Lawson, eClinicalWorks, RightFax, etc..).
The person in this position must be well versed in Enterprise Content Management (ECM) solution capabilities and limitations, translate functional and non-functional requirements into viable application architecture designs, serve as a technical lead on the most complex and important document imaging solutions and projects, and provide exceptional support for all of the department's solutions.
The person in this position will work closely with the organization's enterprise architecture, infrastructure and application teams to ensure that all OnBase solutions are designed and built according to industry and vendor best practices, and will support all system requirements.
The person in this position will possess the necessary skills required to reduce dependency on external OnBase Workflow development services. In addition to solution design and build responsibilities, the person in this position will serve as a mentor for junior team members, and will provide Level II/III technical support within the team.
The person in this position will possess comprehensive problem resolution skills and will know how to use a systematic approach to identify, correct, and document problems and their resolution. This person does not shy away from a difficult challenge but instead uses creative thinking to overcome roadblocks and leads the team towards a positive outcome.
The person in this position leads by example, is self-motivated, is customer driven, has excellent communication skills and maintains all stakeholders informed, is continuously learning, is passionate about mentoring teammates and focuses on solutions not barriers.
The person in this position will attend key IT&S, business owner, project, and vendor meetings, and represent the Imaging Services team's interests and responsibilities as necessary. The person in this position builds strong relationships within and outside department, including business owners, and understands the entire content management / document imaging solution, integration points, and how the pieces fit together in a big picture. The person in this position will often be involved in multiple activities, and must be able to manage multiple, concurrent project and operational support assignments.
• Serve as the technical lead or internal consultant on the department's most complex, high visibility projects. Design, develop, configure, implement, document, and support these solutions.
• Provide development skills as required to meet solution requirements
o Code/modify SQL scripts to query the OnBase database
o Code/modify SQL scripts to retrieve performance and/or monitoring related data
o Code/modify VB scripts, batch files and/or PowerShell scripts to automate administrative tasks
o Code/modify Unity Scripts and/or Unity Libraries in either VB or C#
o Develop/Update Workflows
o Develop Windows Services
• Multitask effectively while assigned to multiple concurrent projects
• Create and publish support documentation and provide cross-training to team members
• Active participation in various project meetings as required
• OnBase database/table definition and modifications (document type and document type group creation & modification, keyword creation, document retention schedule configuration, etc...)
• Provide leadership for and assistance with future OnBase application and/or infrastructure upgrades
• Training and mentoring of junior team members
• Possible travel to one or more HCA facilities
• Go-live application/solution support
• Vendor escalation as necessary
• Perform operational support responsibilities for break/fix incidents for OnBase solutions across the enterprise as needed, and according to internal service level agreement target response times for incident resolution. Take ownership of or assist with complex, high-visibility operational support issues as needed.
• Perform routine system administration tasks across all supported solutions across the enterprise
• Identify root cause, and implement permanent corrective actions as required for systemic, persistent, and/or repeatable incidents
• Resolve moderate and complex on-call support issues without assistance
• Adhere to internal change management guidelines and standard
• Participate in the team's 24/7 on-call support rotation.
• Participate in or lead problem management efforts as required
• Receive cross-training and documentation from other team members for support of other document imaging solutions
• Change management administration
• Vendor escalation as necessary
Architecture & Design:
• Provide sound, best practice design of complex enterprise-class OnBase solutions involving Workflow and integrations with external computer systems.
• Provide intra-team leadership and guidance on the selection and configuration of Development, QA, Training, and Production server environments according to business and technical requirements.
• Develop and annually review an enterprise application architecture strategy for OnBase document imaging
• Consult with I.T. Leadership and other I.T. colleagues on new solution designs involving enterprise content management technologies
• Create, publish, and maintain architecture and design documentation
• Participate in early project design and estimating sessions, and in requirements gathering activities. Quickly identify technical solutions to complex business requirements.
7 years of experience is needed for a successful candidate.
Bachelor's degree is needed, however in lieu of a degree experience may be a substitute.
• Certified Document Imaging Architect (CDIA ) Certification is preferred
• One or more Hyland OnBase certifications are preferred (OnBase Ver. 13 or higher) such as:
• OnBase Certified System Administrator (OCSA)
• OnBase Certified Advanced System Administrator (OCASA)
• OnBase Certified Installer (OCI)
• OnBase Certified WorkFlow Administrator (OCWA)
• OnBase Certified Advanced Workflow Administrator (OCAWA)
• OnBase Certified WorkFlow Engineer (OCWE)
• OnBase Certified Application Programming Interface (OCAPI)
• Certified Information Professional (CIP) or Enterprise Content Management Practitioner (ECMp) certification is desired
• Experience with enterprise-class storage subsystem architectures and configuration is preferred
• Ability to communicate effectively to all levels of staff and senior management
• Strong analytical background
• Experience with batch files, VB scripting, Windows PowerShell, C#, SQL, OnBase Unity Scripts and Libraries is desired
• Experience supporting Open Text RightFax or similar enterprise faxing solution is desired
• Microsoft server system administration (MSCE certification) is desired
• Microsoft client O/S and browser support experience is required
• Experience with remote server and application support tools & techniques is required (Remote Desktop, WebEx, GoTo Meeting, etc....)
• Strong knowledge of personal computer systems and Microsoft Office (or other similar productivity applications to support e-mail, word processing, and spreadsheet applications)
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom