Sign On Bonus for qualified Certified Hyperbaric Technicians
For more information please inquire.
Blake Medical Center is 383 bed full service hospital, offering a full spectrum of health care services. We are a leading provider of acute care in Manatee County.
Our highly skilled team of hospital professionals deliver a comprehensive range of services, from open heart surgery and oncology, to our weight loss solutions program and health education.
The Hyperbaric Technician administers hyperbaric oxygen therapy to patients. Responsible for the safe, and effective operation of the hyperbaric (HBOT) chambers and related support systems, acting as the outside attendant and control operator during clinical treatments.
Role Accountabilities Include:
- Performs oxygen therapy treatment protocols as prescribed by physician. Observes the patient and the hyperbaric systems during the course of oxygen treatments. Reports unusual occurrences to physician.
- Accurately documents patient condition and the administration of care in the patient record in a timely manner.
- Operates, maintains and ensures the safety of the hyperbaric oxygen chamber and all associated systems/equipment to meet hospital, department and regulatory requirements.
- Takes an active role in hyperbaric medicine education programs and orients hospital and other personnel to hyperbaric oxygen therapy.
- Contributes to a culture of patient centered care by ensuring a quiet healing environment.
Graduate from paramedic or emergency technician, or hyperbaric technician program; and/or equivalent.
Minimum 12 months experience in a hyperbaric environment
CHT - Certified Hyperbaric Tech by the National Board of Diving and Hyperbaric Medical Technology (NBDHMT)
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom