Blake Medical Center is seeking an experienced ICU and/or Hyperbarics / Wound Care nurse to join our Hyperbarics Department
. Full Time, Part Time, and PRN options are available! Cross-training Available for Experienced ICU RNs.
Blake Medical Center
is located in Bradenton, Florida, just minutes from the beautiful Gulf Coast beaches of Manatee County. Our 383-bed, level II trauma center is one of only two trauma centers in the State of Florida to receive official verification by the American College of Surgeons. Our hospital is also a proud recipient of the American Heart Association's Gold Fit Friendly Designation for our above and beyond dedication to employees' health.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Wound Care/Hyperbarics RN is responsible for the observation, assessment, nursing diagnosis, planning, intervention, and evaluation of wound care/hyperbaric therapy for the in/out-patient population of patients at Blake Medical Center. The RN will educate patients/family members and nurses/staff to promote skin and wound care, healing, and the prevention of infection. The RN will administer medications and treatments as prescribed or authorized by a duly licensed practitioner authorized by the laws of this state to prescribe such medications and treatments. Make excellence your goal by joining Blake Medical Center. Apply online now!Qualifications: Education
- Nursing Diploma or ASN required, BSN preferred
- Current Florida State Registered Nursing license
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) through American Heart Association required
- Current ACLS & PALS certifications through the American Heart Association desired; required within 6 months of hire.
- Current ABLS (Advanced Burn Life Support) certification preferred; required within 12 months of hire
- Minimum of one year experience as RN in Critical Care required; prior Hyperbarics experience desired
- Wound Care RN experience preferred
- Must complete 40 hours HBO course within one year of hire date
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom