Blake Medical Center is seeking an experienced ICU and/or Hyperbarics / Wound Care nurse to join our Hyperbarics Department
. Full Time, Part Time, and PRN options are available! Cross-training Available for Experienced ICU RNs.
Blake Medical Center
is located in Bradenton, Florida, just minutes from the beautiful Gulf Coast beaches of Manatee County. Our 383-bed, level II trauma center is one of only two trauma centers in the State of Florida to receive official verification by the American College of Surgeons. Our hospital is also a proud recipient of the American Heart Association's Gold Fit Friendly Designation for our above and beyond dedication to employees' health.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Wound Care/Hyperbarics RN is responsible for the observation, assessment, nursing diagnosis, planning, intervention, and evaluation of wound care/hyperbaric therapy for the in/out-patient population of patients at Blake Medical Center. The RN will educate patients/family members and nurses/staff to promote skin and wound care, healing, and the prevention of infection. The RN will administer medications and treatments as prescribed or authorized by a duly licensed practitioner authorized by the laws of this state to prescribe such medications and treatments. Make excellence your goal by joining Blake Medical Center. Apply online now!Qualifications: Education
- Nursing Diploma or ASN required, BSN preferred
- Current Florida State Registered Nursing license
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) through American Heart Association required
- Current ACLS & PALS certifications through the American Heart Association desired; required within 6 months of hire.
- Current ABLS (Advanced Burn Life Support) certification preferred; required within 12 months of hire
- Minimum of one year experience as RN in Critical Care required; prior Hyperbarics experience desired
- Wound Care RN experience preferred
- Must complete 40 hours HBO course within one year of hire date
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds