Under the guidance and direction of the Product Manager and Merchandise Manager, this position is responsible for the development of assigned product categories inclusive of sales and gross profit growth, catalog merchandising as well as product and vendor management.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
1. Develop written business plans for each assigned category across all brands.
2. Product Sourcing and selection across all brands.
3. Maintain information within RS6000, Bridge and CMS.
4. Analyze competitive pricing data.
5. Responsible for discontinuing products within the system and the disposition of existing inventories.
6. Review and recommend product line revisions including deletions.
7. Develop and maintain strong vendor relationships.
8. Ensure vendors comply with Vendor Shipping Guide.
9. Act as the liaison between merchandising and marketing management, controlling the flow of information on products with various departments.
10. Identify new products for import sourcing.
11. Work with Import Sourcing department to research viability, sources, savings, quality, packaging, QA, patent issues, forecasts, order quantities and deliveries on import product.
12. Work with Import Sourcing on domestic to import projects, overseeing the marketing and quality aspects and providing final approval.
13. Creative development for product packaging and promotions (in conjunction with creative team).
14. Continually, monitor product categories for sales and gross margin performance, competitiveness and service levels. Develop action plans for products and/or categories not meeting performance goals. Work with Marketing Operations to develop actions to increase sales and or improve gross margins.
NATURE AND SCOPE
This position has no direct reporting personnel but requires a high degree of collaboration and communication with other departments.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Additional Environmental Job Requirements: MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
Additional Minimum Qualifications:
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 0 years
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
2-3 years in category merchandising
3-5 years relationship management of product supplier and/or vendors
3+ years experience negotiating supplier/vendor pricing
Deep understanding in applied analytics
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:LANGUAGE SKILLS
Collaboration abilities, teamwork and inter-departmental communication skills are critical to the success of this position
Nearly all of the tasks required in this position require highly competent computer skills.
Data collection and analytical skills are paramount to analyze product performance, including cost estimating, turns, service levels and GM-ROI.
We recognize that military members are adept, motivated and hardworking. That’s why we made a commitment in 2012 to hire 55,000 veterans in 5 years!