Job Duties and Responsibliites:
- Provides a hand on approach in the organization, scheduling of personnel, and directing of warehouse day-to-day activities to include order filling, stocking, shipping, receiving, counter sales, and inventory control.
- Supervises and monitors warehouse personnel work assignments, work flow, performance and work standards, accuracy, and productivity
- Manages and oversees warehouse personnel responsibilities to include: recruiting, testing, new hire orientation, payroll record keeping and reporting, employee appraisals and reviews, progressive discipline issues (counseling, oral, and written warnings), and terminations.
- Responsible for maintenance of warehouse equipment and repairs. Ensures that warehouse personnel have safe, efficient equipment in order to perform distribution functions.
- Warehouse security, safety programs, and good operation and maintenance of warehouse power equipment in order to perform distribution functions.
- Adheres to budget requirements and works toward obtaining objectives and warehouse performance goals.
- Maintains complete and open lines of communication between the warehouse and corporate office to facilitate efficient warehouse operations.
Supervision and Interaction:
- Directly supervises all warehouse personnel
- Interacts with employees at all levels and outsiders as company representive
- Hands-on experience in all phases of warehouse operations to include shipping, receiving, and order filling functions
- 2-3 years of warehousing/ distribution experience
- Good supervisory and communication skills
- Ability to lift 60+ lbs.
- Supervisory experience, college degree preferred
- Able to handle multiple tasks and deadlines within a fast-paced environment
A little about us:
We recognize that military members are adept, motivated and hardworking. That’s why we made a commitment in 2012 to hire 55,000 veterans in 5 years!