Barnett, a division of The Home Depot, is searching for the perfect candidate to join our Dynamic Inside Sales Organization!
Interline Brands, Inc. (Interline) is among the nation s largest distributors and direct marketers of specialty maintenance, repair, and operations (MRO) products, both branded and private label. In 2015, Interline was acquired by The Home Depot®.
It stocks more than 100,000 plumbing, janitorial, electrical, hardware, heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and other MRO products, from more than 3000 suppliers worldwide. Products and value-added services are sold to more than 175,000 active customers, including facilities maintenance customers, professional contractors, and specialty distributors.
Key end-markets include multifamily housing; health care institutions; educational organizations; lodging; plumbing, mechanical, and HVAC contractors; locksmiths and hardware stores. The company operates more than 70 distribution centers / branches and four regional replenishment centers across the United States, which facilitates reliable same-day or next-day delivery service to 98% of the U.S. population.
We are seeking to add an energetic, assertive, self-starter with a positive attitude to join our Residential team as a Strategic Account Manager. The Strategic Account Manager will drive sales and increase key market segment revenue and profit by penetrating strategic accounts and supporting sales reps in existing strategic accounts, identify and penetrate new strategic business opportunities; create and drive marketing and training programs that support and enhance revenue and profit growth initiatives.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- 20%- Promote and facilitate the growth of sales and service activities into existing strategic accounts and prospects. Identify high impact key targets for assigned accounts/segments and prospects. Establish and grow relationship within these accounts and prospects with the intention of converting them into large customers.
- 20%- Interview prospects and existing clients to determine needs; develop solution oriented proposal to solve issues and pro-actively drive sales and profitability through value based initiatives.
- Work closely with the Supply Chain Services team as necessary.
- Report on and interpret progress and customer activities to management.
- 20%- Maintain contact with customers, resolve complaints or concerns by investigating problems and developing solutions.
- Actively work in the field, as needed, making sales calls to drive greater sales in strategic accounts.
- Identify key accounts and business opportunities, increase share of market in current accounts.
- 20%- Research and predict future market trends and develop new sales ideas.
- Advise on strategies for product needs, prices, marketing, advertising, and profitability of specific products in specific segments.
- Support a broad range of marketing activities and/or promotes sales and create goodwill for Barnett products or services.
- 5%- Promote organization in industry trade associations or customer engagements and in support of business development efforts.
- Drive action as an indirect leader of the sales force consistent with the sales management efforts.
- 15%- Make forecasts on anticipated market sales.
- Develop segment specific customer presentations and value propositions.
NATURE AND SCOPE
Reports to Regional Sales Manager. Has no direct reports.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Conditions could produce mild discomfort on occasion.
Typically requires overnight travel more than 50% of the time.
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a high school diplomas and/or GED.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 3 years
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Bachelor s Degree preferred or equivalent work experience.
- (5 years preferred) - Individual sales experience, distribution industry and company knowledge
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Proficient use of Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point
- Strong analytical skills and high degree of self-management and motivation
- Technologically savvy
- Excellent communication skills
We recognize that military members are adept, motivated and hardworking. That’s why we made a commitment in 2012 to hire 55,000 veterans in 5 years!