IBM Global Business Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants enabling enterprises to make smarter decisions and providing unparalleled client and consumer experiences via Cognitive data analytics, cloud technology and mobile app development. With global reach, outcome-focused methodologies and deep industry expertise, IBM GBS empowers clients to digitally reinvent their business and get the competitive edge in the cognitive era in over 170 countries.
IBM is a leader in this global transformation, and there is no better place to launch or further your career. World-class learning opportunities, mentoring and a flexible work environment- you will find a wealth of opportunities within IBM to create the career you've always imagined.
This is our vision for the future of Data Analytics-- our belief in the rise of you -- this is: You to the power of IBM.
What Does an IBM Cognitive Engineer Opportunity Offer?
- Experience - Consulting experience and client interaction on challenging projects
- Education & Training- Ongoing learning and development opportunities
- Networking & Professional Development- IBM leadership and peer networking opportunities
- Supportive and dynamic team work environment
- Compensation- our employees enjoy a competitive compensation package
What will you do as an IBM Cognitive Engineer Consultant?
We offer exceptional consulting opportunities to work with some of the brightest minds in the business in the Digital practice within the Analytics and Cognitive Computing domains, specifically in the areas of Big Data, Cognitive Computing, Data Science. Our Cognitive Engineers work as members of engagement teams, often at client sites, to bring value to our clients. You'll join a team that combines sophisticated data analytics with market-leading global solutions, deep industry insight and business consulting expertise.
Our opportunities are in one of the following core skill areas:
Big Data and Analytics- Provide business insights to IBM clients through innovative solutions and services for both structured and unstructured data.
- If your expertise is working with structured data; apply methods, technologies and techniques that address data architecture, integration and governance of data. Utilize experience in database concepts, data modeling; data integration including design and architecture. Master data management, including customer data strategy, product data strategy and organizational hierarchy, and Information (data) Governance including strategy, implementation, business glossary, metadata analysis and proving hands on business knowledge working with database developers, DBA's architects, data quality analysts, and other teams while seamlessly managing client relationships within context of individual role.
- If your expertise is working with unstructured data; ability to apply semantic correlation, ontology and text analytics techniques and systems to analyze non-structured data and identify critical insights for overall business analytics across various domains. Experience in analyzing text, streams, documents, social media, speech and video with emerging Hadoop-based big data, NoSQL, National Language Processing, Search and Text analytics technologies and techniques. Possess solid skills in Java, C++, Python, or Skala development and a good understanding of working with Hadoop.
Cognitive Computing - Provide business insights to IBM clients through innovative solutions and services for unstructured data using IBM's Watson Cognitive approach. The combination of the following capabilities make Watson unique:
- National language processing by helping to understand the complexities of unstructured data
- Hypothesis generation and evaluation by applying advanced analytics to weigh and evaluate a panel of responses based on only relevant evidence
- Dynamic learning by helping to improve learning based on outcomes to get smarter with each iteration and interaction. This combination delivers a powerful solution:
- To move beyond the constraints of programmatic computing
- To move from reliance on structured, local data to unlock the world of global unstructured data
- To move from decision tree-driven, deterministic applications to probabilistic systems that coevolve with their users
- To move from keyword-based search to an intuitive, conversational means of discovering a set of confidence - ranked responses. If your experience is with unstructured data and advanced analytics; ability to apply semantic correlation, ontology and text analytics techniques and systems to analyze non- structured data and identify critical insights for overall business analytics across various domains. Experience in analyzing text, streams, documents, social media, speech and video with emerging Hadoop- based big data, NoSQL, National Language Processing, Search and Text analytics technologies and techniques. Possess solid skills in Java or C++ development and a good understanding of working with Hadoop, Artificial Intelligence or other cognitive computing technology.
Data Science- Responsible for successful delivery of data science solutions and services in a client consulting environment; experience in predictive modeling, optimization, and/or machine learning analytics techniques using tools/programming languages including SPSS, SAS, R, Python, Spark etc with a Hadoop-enabled environment. Define key business problems to be solved; formulate mathematical approaches and gather data to solve those problems, develop, analyze/draw conclusions, test solutions and present to client. Enhance performance by applying advanced mathematical modeling, data analytics, optimization, and machine learning techniques.
Full- Stack Engineer- As a Full Stack Engineer, you will work on these solutions across the entire tech stack. You will work with databases, distributed systems, microservices, message bus/queues, and frontend user interfaces.
- Develop highly scalable microservices/RESTFUL Services and APIs
- Develop user-friendly interfaces and dashboards, translation of designer mockups and wireframes into front end code.
- Write unit and integration tests
- Build instrumentation and metrics for monitoring and alerting systems
- Document your work Research and implement new technologies to solve customer problems