IBM Cloud Infrastructure Network Performance Engineer
IBM Cloud Infrastructure has a global cloud presence that continues to grow and expand its reach. We are looking for talented, innovative and enthusiastic performance engineering professionals, as we continue to expand our network infrastructure services and enhance overall IBM Cloud business. This area of Engineering is responsible for delivering cloud solution with top-notch performance, first-rate security, fail-safe reliability and exceptional quality. Our team strives to maintain a continuous integration and continuous delivery environment which makes test automation absolute necessary.
An IBM Cloud network performance engineer will be responsible for ensuring that the software components are designed and built to achieve world class performance and ready for integration into IBM Cloud infrastructure platform. The performance engineer ensures quality and reliability of the cloud service by identifying customer use cases for performance evaluation of each network service, developing and maintaining a performance test plan, developing workloads/use cases as needed, automating and executing the performance test plan, finding tuning optimization and collaborating with development squads to drive code optimizations to achieve performance goals.
We are a global team, so communication skills (both verbal and written) are critical as well as flexibility to work with team members in other time zones.
• Collaborate across development squads to drive
• Developing performance test plans and test scenarios based on customer use cases.
• Developing automated test scenarios and environments for performance evaluation.
• Collecting performance measurements and verifying results for accuracy and correctness.
• Analyzing results and find optimizations/tunings and identify performance issues.
• Analyzing root causes of performance issues and identify areas for improvement.
• Put forward design proposals and proto-types
• Collaborating with development squads to drive resolution for issues and improvement.
• Generating performance summary reports for stakeholder's review.
• Resolve customer performance issues by collaborating across internal teams and customer
• Use advanced new technologies judiciously to reduce complexity
• Provide clear documentation for best practices and performance considerations
• Communicate and collaborate with internal development teams, external vendors and customers
• Support Performance chapter lead to achieve performance goals across all network services
• Following a disciplined Agile development process within a scrum team and with the wider development cross-lab organization.