The IBM Cloud Networking Tribe is looking for a talented, innovative and enthusiastic DevOps engineering professional that will build tools and services to empower and enable our development teams to succeed. The IBM Cloud Networking Tribe has a global cloud presence that continues to grow and expand its reach. Our Gateway Services engineering team is responsible for delivering virtual network services with top-notch performance, first-rate security, fail-safe reliability and exceptional quality.
An IBM Cloud Networking DevOps engineer will also be the key individual for ensuring efficient operation of our infrastructure by monitoring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing our development and production environments. As a DevOps engineer you will also develop automation, optimize deployment strategies, implement and deploy business critical systems in IBM, enhance monitoring, and learn emerging technologies (Docker, Kubernetes)
We are a global team, so communication skills (both verbal and written) are critical as well as flexibility to work with team members in other time zones. Responsibilities:
- Delivering continuously available infrastructure services with consistent performance profile
- Implementing alerting and automation to minimize time to issue detection and problem resolution
- Designing and implementing dashboard elements to expose key performance indicators to provide real-time service insights
- Instrumenting system to gather key system metrics aiding optimization, issue detection, and problem resolution
- Provide installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems software and related infrastructure through DevOps Tools.
- Integrate changes needed for existing monitoring and alerting infrastructure. Gather key performance measurements trending resource consumption and constraints; data to be used to forecast growth in service areas.
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes.
- Knowledge of all layers of the OSI model, most importantly the network (layer 3) and application (layer 7).
- Implement automated approaches for system administration tasks.
Preferred Work Location: Austin
A little about us:
IBM is the world’s largest information technology company with more than 360,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries.