The IBM Cloud Networking Tribe is looking for a talented, innovative and enthusiastic Software engineering professional that will build the next generation virtualized routing services to make our customers succeed. The IBM Cloud Networking Tribe has a global cloud presence that continues to grow and expand its reach. Our Gateway Services engineering team is responsible for delivering virtual network services with top-notch performance, first-rate security, fail-safe reliability and exceptional quality.
An IBM Cloud Networking Software Development engineer will be the key individual responsible for end to end feature enablement across the orchestration layer. You will perform hands-on coding and mentor junior developers, working to increase the knowledge and performance of the collective team. In addition, you will interface with senior architects across several locations to ensure that the overall strategy is communicated and understood.
We are a global team, so communication skills (both verbal and written) are critical as well as flexibility to work with team members in other time zones. Responsibilities:
- Leverage and scale our virtualized routing infrastructure
- Implement REST/HTTP/RAML/Swagger
- Develop according to API standards and properly version and document
- Design and manage the data modeling
- Implement an asynchronous and event-driven micro-services
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes.
- Knowledge of all layers of the OSI model, most importantly the network (layer 3) and application (layer 7).
Preferred Work Location: Austin
A little about us:
IBM is the world’s largest information technology company with more than 360,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries.