Do you have a passion for leading edge technology? Are you searching for an opportunity to partner and work with intelligent and innovative colleagues? Would you thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment? If so, the IBM Cloud Object Storage team may be the right fit for you.
The IBM Cloud Object Storage team is revolutionizing the storage industry by working to enable the world to confidently store, distribute, access and leverage unstructured content at massive scale - to accelerate digital transformation within enterprises around the world! Our cutting edge, proven technology has been recognized by a number of top analysts, most recently garnering more #1 positions than any other vendor in Gartner's Critical Capabilities for Object Storage 31 March 2016. Our highly ambitious pursuits are fueled primarily by the stellar people we hire. We look for bright people who are passionate and dedicated team players.
The Alliance Integration Engineer is responsible for supporting the technical evaluation, integration and validation of 3rd party products with the Cloud Object Storage Dispersed Storage Network (dsNet) solution using established APIs in support of customer requirements for multiple access methods to move data into an object storage system. Based on the technical validation of the 3rd party products, this position will then be responsible for documenting test results and assisting in developing technical integration documentation and reference architectures for direct and indirect sales teams to seamlessly design and deploy integrated solutions for customers.
- Document and execute technical validation tests for 3rd party products integrating with a dsNet.
- Define test objectives, write test cases, and perform functional, operational and performance tests for targeted 3rd party products
- Work closely with Engineering to understand the operation and performance capabilities of a dsNet in order to optimize the integration activities
- Advise 3rd party Engineering organizations on how to utilize the standard Cloud Object Storage APIs and optimize integration with a Cloud Object Storage dsNet
- Validate new versions of Cloud Object Storage software (and hardware) against the latest field released version of qualified 3rd party products on a regular basis.
- Validate new versions of qualified 3rd party products against the latest field released version of Cloud Object Storage software on a regular basis.
- Publish test results and assist in developing and delivering customer facing technical documentation that can be used by partners and customers to deploy a joint Cloud Object Storage - 3rd party solution with confidence that it will meet expectations
- Bachelors degree
- At least 5 years of experience in systems integration and validation with a variety of 3rd party vendors at a technology providing company or reseller with emphasis on the data storage layer
- At least 5 years of hands on application of networking fundamentals, including a solid knowledge of network protocols such as TCP/IP, ssh, and http, as well as the ability to use diagnostic tools such as traceroute, ping, and iperf.
- At least 5 years of hands on use of Linux, including command line skills, and prior experience setting-up and running personal Linux servers
- At least 5 years experience in the data storage or networking industry with emphasis on product integration and validation
- At least 5 years of OS level trouble shooting and diagnostic experience ideally in a lab environment
- At least 5 years of experience establishing and executing performance validation tasks using various software and hardware technologies
- At least 3 years of practical experience using virtual machine technologies (VMware, Hyper-V, KVM)
A little about us:
IBM is the world’s largest information technology company with more than 360,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries.