Do you have a passion for leading edge technology? Are you searching for an opportunity to partner and work with intelligent and innovative colleagues? Would you thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment? If so, the IBM Cloud Object Storage team may be the right fit for you.
The IBM Cloud Object Storage team is revolutionizing the storage industry by working to enable the world to confidently store, distribute, access and leverage unstructured content at massive scale - to accelerate digital transformation within enterprises around the world! Our cutting edge, proven technology has been recognized by a number of top analysts, most recently garnering more #1 positions than any other vendor in Gartner's Critical Capabilities for Object Storage 31 March 2016
. Our highly ambitious pursuits are fueled primarily by the stellar people we hire. We look for bright people who are passionate and dedicated team players.T
The Desktop Support Engineer will provide software, hardware, and network connectivity support for enterprise desktops, laptops, and mobile devises. This position is located in Chicago, IL and is open only to individuals that live within daily commuting distance of downtown Chicago.Responsibilities Include (not limited to):
- Provisioning, Tech Support and Problem resolution for desktop computers, including, printers, peripheral and network devices.
- Testing new OS & Application releases against business applications & work flows.
- Proactive research of emerging Desktop computing technology.
- Proven record providing Tier 2 support for Desktop Computing Applications, Operating Systems and Networking.
- Detailed knowledge of Windows/MAC OS version support
- Familiarity with Network Architectures & Cyber Security Best Practices.
- Familiarity with Active Directory implementation and trouble shooting.
- Experience in mobile device support (iOS & Android) a distinct advantage.
- Knowledge of Jira / Jira Service Desk a distinct advantage.
- Excellent communication skills to colleagues at all levels.
- Approach challenges with a passion and leverage any and all opportunities to learn.
- Thrive in a team environment where collaboration and innovation are critical to success.
- Effectively multitask while maintaining flexibility in fast-paced work environment.
- Proficiency in structured problem-solving methods.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
A little about us:
IBM is the world’s largest information technology company with more than 360,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries.