Do you have a passion for selling breakthrough storage and cloud technology? Are you searching for an amazing opportunity in the fastest growing segment of data storage? Would you thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, team-oriented environment? If yes, we have the role you've been waiting for here within the IBM Cloud Object Storage team.
The IBM Cloud Object Storage team is revolutionizing the storage industry by working to enable the world to confidently store, distribute, access and leverage unstructured content at massive scale - to accelerate digital transformation within enterprises around the world! Our cutting edge, proven technology has been recognized by a number of top analysts, most recently garnering more #1 positions than any other vendor in Gartner's Critical Capabilities for Object Storage 31 March 2016
. Our highly ambitious pursuits are fueled primarily by the people we hire. We look for bright people who are passionate and dedicated team players.
The Systems/Cloud Storage Sales Leader within the IBM Cloud Object Storage team is responsible for selling data management solutions that solve the problem of exploding unstructured data growth traditional RAID solutions cannot address. This is a disruptive technology targeted at large enterprises with petabytes of data. You will have an opportunity to work with ground-breaking technology on large opportunities to drive growth in an assigned territory. For an amazing opportunity in the fastest growing segment of data storage, IBM is the place to be.
The Systems/Cloud Storage Sales Leader will have ownership of the entire sales cycle to include opportunity identification, qualification, solution development, proposal writing, pricing, executive-level presentations and deal closure. A key success indicator will include proven experience evangelizing innovation and selling a disruptive technology into Civilian market. The Systems/Cloud Storage Sales Leader will use a consultative selling approach to discover and understand prospects' business drivers and technical requirements while aligning them with IBM's unique value propositions throughout the sales process. The Systems/Cloud Storage Sales Leader will also have ownership of account planning, opportunity strategy and leading winning sales campaigns while effectively leveraging IBM resources and collaborating with business partners.
- Consistently exceeding quarterly revenue goals while developing a robust sales pipeline
- Identifying new opportunities and penetrating new accounts with strategic focus on multi-petabyte scale unstructured data storage initiatives
- Evangelizing and differentiating IBM in competitive selling environments
- Developing and executing against business plans, and development of deal-winning strategies and tactics
- Targeting and cultivating a professional and consultative relationship with prospects and customers at both the senior executive level and the technology influencer level at Federal (Civilian) end-users and systems integrators
- Generating demand for IBM's Cloud Object Storage technology through a combination of selling directly to end-users and selling through partner ecosystem to include alliance partners, resellers and systems integrators
- Regular prospecting and continuous follow up on all potential sales opportunities
- Operational command of the business through account/opportunity knowledge, customer/partner relationship management and precise forecasting
- Developing and maintaining strong internal relationships to support sales campaigns
- Fluency in positioning, articulating and presenting the product's unique value propositions
- At least 10 years of experience as a Federal (Civilian) enterprise sales professional in the storage, software or data center infrastructure field and a proven history of success
- Experience successfully introducing a disruptive technology to the Federal marketplace and replacing incumbent competitors
- Demonstrated past success in building a Federal sales territory from the ground up
- Existing relationships in the target market that can be immediately leveraged for building demand and growing the opportunity pipeline
- A proactive entrepreneurial approach and proven track record in penetrating new accounts, developing great relationships with decision-makers, building compelling business cases and closing deals
- Strong work ethic, quick study, creative problem-solver and a high-energy assertive self-starter
- Confident results-driven mindset with ability to motivate and influence others to achieve results
- Proven ability to create and articulate compelling value propositions that solve business and technology problems
- Excellent written/verbal communications skills with senior-level polish and ability to build rapport at both Senior Executive and Technical Operations/Engineering levels
- History of success selling with and through resellers and systems integrators
- Proficiency in account planning, deal strategy, relationship management, negotiation and personal time management
- Competitive attitude and proven ability to succeed in high-pressure situations
- Self-motivated team-player who thrives in a high-performance high-growth company environment
- Passion for evangelizing new technologies and new ways of solving problems
- Experience navigating partnering dynamics with systems integrators, resellers and alliance partners
- Understands strengths and weaknesses of key competitors in the storage industry how to leverage this knowledge in sales campaigns
- Knowledge of Federal acquisition procedures and experience steering deals through the contracting process
- Ability to travel up to 50% to support prospecting and sales campaigns
A little about us:
IBM is the world’s largest information technology company with more than 360,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries.