Do you have a passion for leading edge technology? Are you searching for an opportunity to partner and work with intelligent and innovative colleagues? Would you thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment? If so, the IBM Cloud Object Storage team may be the right fit for you.
The IBM Cloud Object Storage team is revolutionizing the storage industry by working to enable the world to confidently store, distribute, access and leverage unstructured content at massive scale - to accelerate digital transformation within enterprises around the world! Our cutting edge, proven technology has been recognized by a number of top analysts, most recently garnering more #1 positions than any other vendor in Gartner's Critical Capabilities for Object Storage 31 March 2016. Our highly ambitious pursuits are fueled primarily by the stellar people we hire. We look for bright people who are passionate and dedicated team players.The User Experience Lead will be part of the IBM Cloud Object Storage Manager Development team, which is responsible for delivering scalable, storage management solutions. This individual will be responsible for ensuring the user experience of IBM Cloud Object Storage products satisfies the needs of customers and field personnel. Responsibilities include capturing customer/feature requirements, creating wireframes, reviewing with users, working with development team members to implement functionality, and assessing the user experience of the final solution, while taking into account scalability considerations. The User Experience Lead will also develop processes and documentation for user-centered design, identification of commonly used interface patterns, wireframe guidelines, user interface (UI) uniformity, and improving the quality of UI deliverables. These activities need to take into account software release timelines. The User Experience Lead will also be involved in driving initiatives, such as UI scalability, presentation strategies for large-scale systems, developing new concepts/ideas, evolution of the current UI, and identification of new tools/technologies to improve the efficiency of UI activities. Role description:
- Demonstrate technical leadership by driving the user experience of products and new features, initiatives, and UI processes.
- Work closely with teams to understand and capture customer/feature requirements.
- Identify use cases and work flows.
- Participate in scope reviews of features.
- Create wireframes and lead reviews with users, feature teams, and product managers; articulate rationale for design decisions.
- Work with developers to implement UI functionality, iterating as needed.
- Provide usability assessments of products and features.
- Develop and research new concepts for visualizing large-scale systems.
- Create user experience and UI roadmaps.
- Instantiate user experience into development processes.
- Improve the efficiency and quality of UI deliverables, leveraging common interface patterns and reviewing escaped defects.
- Meet deadlines with high quality work products.
A little about us:
IBM is the world’s largest information technology company with more than 360,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries.