At IBM we have an amazing opportunity to transform the world with cognitive technology. By using the vast amounts of information available today to identify new patterns and make new discoveries, we are helping cities become smarter, hospitals transform patient care, financial institutions minimize risk, and pharmaceuticals find cures for rare diseases. To drive these strategic initiatives, we need to cultivate the best and brightest technical talent in the market.
We're seeking a Program Manager in the New York Metro area to join our team.What You'll Do:
Who You Are:
- Plan, implement and oversee the Developer JumpStart program activities for assigned local cohorts in New York Metro area, ensuring that participants both receive and contribute value and would recommend the experience to others
- Work directly with new hires and hiring managers to assist in onboarding and matching of new hires to development teams
- Plan and conduct face to face events and tech challenges. Working directly with SMEs in our business units, identify coaches, mentors and appropriate technical challenges for assigned cohorts.
- Provide support and coaching for new developers as they participate in the JumpStart program. Monitor each developer's progress through their learning journey and each team's progress on their tech challenge. Communicate one-on-one to encourage strong participation and foster engagement.
- Through education and direct interaction, influence development managers, uplines and execs to participate in, support and champion the JumpStart program.
- Foster innovation in the program, suggesting and designing new modules to enhance the experience and skill acquisition of our new developers, and evolving program design focus areas (e.g., branding/marketing, recruitment, onboarding, learning and skill development)
- You are passionate about developing technical talent and have the energy to motivate and encourage early professionals
- You thrive on collaboration, working side by side with people of various backgrounds and disciplines to create innovative people-development programs
- You are great at enlisting a volunteer army of subject matter experts to get involved in and help drive your initiatives
- You are organized and efficient, able to multi-task while planning and conducting live events
The IBM Developer JumpStart Program is a 2-year learning journey for our early professional developers. Through in-person and virtual events, self-paced online learning, and numerous networking opportunities, we provide our early professional developers with a solid business and technical foundation that will help generate value for their teams and their careers. Join us.