IBM Global Business Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants enabling enterprises to make smarter decisions and providing unparalleled client and consumer experiences.
What Does an IBM Cognitive Process Transformation Senior Consultant Opportunity Offer?
What Will You Do as an IBM Cognitive Process Transformation Senior Consultant?
- Experience - Consulting experience and client interaction on challenging projects
- Education & Training - Ongoing learning and development opportunities
- Networking & Professional Development - IBM leadership and peer networking opportunities
- Supportive and dynamic team work environment
- Compensation - our employees enjoy a competitive compensation package
We offer exceptional consulting opportunities to work with some of the brightest minds in the business in the Digital Strategy & Interactive (iX) and Cognitive Process Transformation practice, specifically in the areas of Advanced Analytics/Data Science, Big Data Analytics, Intel, Watson Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Data Platform, and Watson Internet of Things (IoT) and Supply Chain Management. Our Senior Consultants work as members of engagement teams, often at client sites, to bring value to our clients. You'll join a team that combines sophisticated data analytics with market-leading global solutions, deep industry insight and business consulting expertise.
Our opportunities are in one of the following core skill areas:
- Watson AI & Data Platforms consultants provide business insights to IBM clients through innovative solutions and services for unstructured data using IBM's Watson Cognitive approach. The combination of the following capabilities make Watson AI & Data Platforms unique:
- Natural language processing by helping to understand the complexities of unstructured data
- Hypothesis generation and evaluation by applying advanced analytics to weigh and evaluate a panel of responses based on only relevant evidence
- Dynamic learning by helping to improve learning based on outcomes to get smarter with each iteration and interaction. This combination delivers a powerful solution:
- To move beyond the constraints of programmatic computing
- To move from reliance on structured, local data to unlock the world of global, unstructured data
- To move from decision tree-driven, deterministic applications to probabilistic systems that coevolve with their users
- To move from keyword-based search to an intuitive, conversational means of discovering a set of confidence-ranked responses.
If your expertise is with unstructured data and advanced analytics, you'll successfully help clients:
- Apply semantic correlation, ontology and text analytics techniques and systems to analyze non-structured data and identify critical insights for overall business analytics across various domains as well as measuring the impact of change.
- Analyze text, streams, documents, social media, speech and video with emerging Hadoop-based big data, NoSQL, Natural Language Processing (NLP), Search and Text analytics technologies and techniques.
- Utilize skills in Java or C++ development and a good understanding of working with Hadoop, Artificial Intelligence (AI) or other cognitive computing technology.
- Big Data consultants provide business insights to IBM clients through innovative solutions and services for both structured and unstructured data.
- If your expertise is working with structured data, you'll successfully help clients:
- Apply methods, techniques & technologies that address data architecture, integration and governance of data
- Utilize experience in database concepts and data modeling
- Integrate data integration including applying methods, techniques & technologies to address design, architecture and the extraction, transformation, movement, storage of data.
- Work with Master data management, including customer data strategy, product data strategy and organizational hierarchy, and Information (data) Governance including strategy, implementation, business glossary, metadata and industry frameworks
- Deliver data mapping, detailed data analysis and metadata analysis
- Provide hands-on business knowledge while working with database developers, DBAs, architects, data quality analysts, and other teams and seamlessly managing client relationships within context of individual role.
- Utilize skills in VBA, ETL Tools, Cognos, Hadoop or Hadoop based tools as well as other Business Intelligence tools.
- If your expertise is working with unstructured data, you'll successfully help clients:
- Apply semantic correlation, ontology and text analytics techniques and systems to analyze non-structured data and identify critical insights for overall business analytics across various domains.
- Analyze text, streams, documents, social media, speech and video with emerging Hadoop-based big data, NoSQL, Natural Language Processing (NLP), Search and Text analytics technologies and techniques
- Utilize skills in Java, C++, Python, or Skala development
- Advanced Analytics consultants provide business insights to IBM clients through successful delivery of data science solutions and services in a client consulting environment. If your expertise is working with advanced analytics and data sciences, you'll successfully help clients:
- Leverage statistical, econometric, stochastic, operations research, predictive modeling, simulation, optimization (linear, mixed integer, constraint programming), and/or machine learning analytics techniques
- Utilize tools/programming languages including ILOG CPLEX, SPSS, SAS, R, Python, and Spark
- Define key business problems to be solved
- Formulate mathematical approaches and gather data to solve those problems, develop, analyze/draw conclusions, test solutions and present to the client
- Enhance performance by applying advanced mathematical modeling, data analytics, optimization, and machine learning techniques
Watson IoT & SCM consultants develop IoT operating models and supply chain functions for optimized efficiency and effectiveness for clients, and support innovation across the value chain by leveraging process diagnostics and bench-marketing, scenario-based strategy and lean principles. Combine extensive industry experience from strategy to execution, increasing client value in the following:
- Internet of Things - Enhance clients' ability to gather insight on constraints to market, produce and deliver goods & services, and gather insight of new data and generate new revenue streams by redefined business processes and operating models.
- Supply Chain Management - Perform strategic supply chain management and improvement through Target Operating Model, Transparent SC, Scenario Modeling and Future Manufacturing.
T&E consultants enable leadership of client organizations to guide their top talent through change, differentiate high and low performers, stimulate social networking, manage globally dispersed workforces, promote the creation of institutional knowledge and embrace flexible work environments using tools like process design, systems implementation, change management and talent analytics.
A little about us:
IBM is the world’s largest information technology company with more than 360,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries.