IBM Global Business Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants enabling enterprises to make smarter decisions and providing unparalleled client and consumer experiences via Cognitive data analytics, cloud technology and mobile app development. With global reach, outcome-focused methodologies and deep industry expertise, IBM GBS empowers clients to digitally reinvent their business and get the competitive edge in the cognitive era in over 170 countries.
IBM is a leader in this global transformation, and there is no better place to launch or further your career. World-class learning opportunities, mentoring and a flexible work environment -- you will find a wealth of opportunities within IBM to create the career you've always imagined.
Bottom line? We outthink ordinary. Discover what you can do at IBM. What Do We Look For In A Successful Consultant At IBM?
- Self-starter with a passion for client service and solving complex business issues
- Demonstrated leadership skills, progression in leadership roles & responsibilities with willingness to readily and voluntarily take ownership of highly challenging tasks and problems, even beyond initial scope of responsibility
- Powerful communication skills, successfully using multiple verbal and non-verbal behaviors to deliver a compelling and engaging response
- Excellent interpersonal and teaming skills with ability to collaborate and work effectively with individuals, strengthening relationships to exceed clients' expectations
- Ability to defend ideas/point of views to clients, team members and business leaders
- Aptitude to thrive in an intense team atmosphere, while defining issues/hypotheses, performing complex analysis, and assisting with preparation and recommendations of solution alternatives
- A passion for innovative ideas, coupled with the ability to understand and assimilate different points of view
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently and meet deadlines, while maintaining focus despite conflicting demands
Ability to advise clients with a strategic mindset and complement that business strategy with the ability to guide a client through technology enabled transformationWhat will you do as an IBM GBS Senior Strategy Consultant?
You'll join a team of colleagues to collaborate with our clients in identify their need, creating a roadmap and implementing a solution. A differentiating attribute of your engagements would be the integration of IBM's management consulting
capabilities with technology and analytics-enabled transformation. You'll take the language of strategy and complement it with an analytical understanding working with clients across a range of industries and functions. Depending on your knowledge, exposure and expertise you'll successfully help clients:
To learn more about IBM Global Business Services: www.ibm.com/start/consulting/mbagrad
- Assess, analyze, and build strategies to address client needs in areas including new market channels; front office digitization; sales and service transformation inclusive of social media and online interactions.
- Improve responsiveness to their customers by being as efficient as possible in their own business practices. You'll guide clients in optimizing core activities through globally integrating their enterprise, as well as optimizing processes using techniques like green sigma, green IT, Lean Sigma, rapid process change (RPC) and Product Lifecycle Management strategy.
- Enable leadership of client organizations to guide their top talent through change, differentiate high and low performers, stimulate social networking, manage globally dispersed workforces, promote the creation of institutional knowledge and embrace flexible work environments using tools like process design, systems implementation, change management and talent analytics.
- Improve forecasting and reporting, develop predictive capabilities, reduce enterprise risk, and optimize financial processes by re-engineering cash and investment management processes, aligning performance measurements, and implementing compliance, controls and benchmarking.
- Harness technology to drive business innovation and create sustainable growth while optimizing IT spending and activity.
A little about us:
IBM is the world’s largest information technology company with more than 360,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries.