IBM's Tech Re-Entry Program develops talented technical professionals who are looking to restart their careers after an absence from the workforce of two years or more. This paid 12 week apprenticeship enables participants to work on projects that match their expertise, interests, and abilities and could lead to full-time employment. In the same way an apprenticeship offers a guided period of exploration, the IBM STEM Re-Entry Apprenticeship Program provides participants with an opportunity to update their skills in a work environment that may have significantly changed since their last experience.
Apprentices will have access to the latest tools and technologies available and work alongside a multi-disciplinary team of Researchers to hone their expertise. The program will also provide the opportunity to experience the breadth of IBM resources while developing new relationships. Apprenticeship positions are currently available for IBM Research, Yorktown Heights, NY
IBM Research is one of the world's largest and most influential corporate research labs, with an unmatched investment in basic research and core science and a commitment to invent the future of technology by making scientific breakthroughs that will transform industries and society. Current focus areas include pioneering work in: cognitive computing and augmented intelligence; quantum computing; blockchain; data-centric systems; advanced analytics; security; cloud; next-generation silicon (and beyond); and brain-inspired devices and infrastructure.
You will have an opportunity to work in close collaboration with other researchers and engineers to create world-class applications and/or infrastructure and deliver production level-code to support the commercialization of the resulting assets. We are looking for software professionals with experience in implementing complex algorithms arising in data intensive applications spanning multiple disciplines.
In order to qualify for this apprenticeship, applicant must have been out of the work force for a minimum of 2 years
- Foundational research in a wide range of topics such as knowledge extraction,
- Representation & retrieval from large volumes of structured and unstructured data (i.e. text, images, video, speech, etc.),
- Natural language voice/text understanding, video/image comprehension, dialog, decision making, automatic text generation & summarization
- Machine understanding of technical documents, machine/deep learning, probabilistic reasoning, logic & rule-based systems, human-machine interaction
- Building and validation of cognitive systems, tools and methodology to improve the software life cycle for cognitive applications, robotics, wearable computing, cognitive science, etc.
A little about us:
IBM is the world’s largest information technology company with more than 360,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries.