IBM's Tech Re-Entry Program develops talented technical professionals who are looking to restart their careers after an absence from the workforce of two years or more. This paid 12-week apprenticeship enables participants to work on projects that match their expertise, interests, and abilities and could lead to full-time employment. Just as an apprenticeship offers a guided period of exploration, the IBM STEM Re-Entry Apprenticeship Program provides participants with an opportunity to update their skills in a work environment that may have significantly changed since their last experience. Apprentices will have access to the latest tools and technologies available and work alongside a multi-disciplinary team of engineers and business professionals to hone their expertise and focus on the next generation of software. The program will also provide the opportunity to experience the breadth of IBM resources while developing new relationships. Apprenticeship positions are available for IBM Research team in Austin, Texas.
With more than 3,000 researchers in 12 labs located across six continents, IBM Research is one of the world's largest and most influential corporate research labs. IBM Research has an unmatched investment in basic research and core science as well as a commitment to invent the future of technology by making scientific breakthroughs that will transform industries and society. IBM Research is the birthplace of advanced hardware and software technologies; the first cognitive computing system; high-end, cloud and super-computing systems; security and storage technologies; computing as a service; all these illustrate the company's invention and long-term investment capabilities.
We are seeking candidates to join our research lab located in beautiful Austin, Texas, with expertise in one or more of our focus areas. As part of the IBM Austin Research team, you will conduct world-class research on innovative technologies and solutions, and publish in top-tier conferences and journals. You will also have the opportunity to contribute to the commercialization of the resulting assets. Demonstrated communication skills and ability to work independently, as well as in a team are highly desired traits.
You should have one or more of the following skills:
- Cloud computing infrastructure, including cloud platform and programming models; cloud infrastructure services; APIs; containers; DevOps techniques; microservices; security
- Computing and data services, including emerging platforms (Spark, SQL/NoSQL, Blockchain)
- Artificial intelligence computing infrastructure, including deep learning platform and services, accelerated cognitive systems, accelerators interface architecture, compilers and programming models, co-designed hardware/software
- Distributed computing theory and application, systems; services technology, including service management, analytics, automation and orchestration, cognitive services, security
- Memory controller architecture, memory performance modeling, memory standards and interfaces, cache design, non-volatile memory, NAND flash
The World is Our Laboratory: No matter where discovery takes place, IBM researchers push the boundaries of science, technology and business to make the world work better. IBM Research is a global community of forward-thinkers working towards a common goal: progress.
A little about us:
IBM is the world’s largest information technology company with more than 360,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries.