IBM's Tech Re-Entry program develops talented technical professionals who are looking to restart their careers after an absence from the workforce of two years or more. This paid 12 week internship enables participants to work on projects that match their expertise, interests, and abilities and could lead to full-time employment. In the same way an internship offers a guided period of exploration, the IBM Tech Re-entry internship program provides participants with an opportunity to update their skills in a work environment that may have significantly changed since their last experience. Interns will have access to the latest tools and technologies available and work alongside a multi-disciplinary team of engineers and business professionals to hone their expertise and focus on the next generation of software. The program will also provide the opportunity to experience the breadth of IBM resources while developing new relationships. Internship positions are currently available for Data Scientist in Cambridge, MA
The Watson Health Innovation team is committed to the design and development of world-class data-driven solutions for the health ecosystem. It is composed of analytics professionals in healthcare data management, Big Data analytics, predictive analytics, and solution and application design, while also working alongside software developers, research scientists, and healthcare experts.
As an IBM Watson Health Data Scientist Apprentice you will:
• Assist in architecting advanced data-driven solutions, composed of predictive modeling, statistical methods and cognitive computing components, to solve complex healthcare and wellness problems
• Using a combination of judgment and experience in healthcare and life science, create hypotheses and experiments to identify hidden relationships and construct new analytics methods
• Participate in analyzing and mining high volume and complex healthcare data, from a variety of data sources (clinical, administrative, social, device, and etc.)
• Participate in hands-on implementation of various advanced analytics models, leveraging board spectrum of statistical, machine learning and cognitive computing methods
• Prototype and implement analytics solutions in collaboration with an interdisciplinary team of designers, engineers and developers
• Support sales, marketing and solution deployment effort.
In order to qualify for this apprenticeship, applicant must have been out of the work force for a minimum of 2 years
A little about us:
IBM is the world’s largest information technology company with more than 360,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries.